icon

2005 chrysler 300 blower motor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bgraper 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2009 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  

I know what you meant, and I agree because that wire runs from the relay in the front to the power distribution panel in the back...if it were to ground out there would be no fuse to trip potentially (according to the service manual).

Update --> I found the relay that feeds the rear distribution center. Across the relay the coil is seeing +12 V all the time, it is never getting the ground signal though.

Everything from the relay back checks out okay. There is nothing wrong with the system itself....it's just not getting the signal to turn on.

Does anyone know where the -'ve signal for the relay comes? Is it from the key? If it is then I at least know if could be my remote start.

a137 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 3:25 AM / IP Logged  
It might be more tricky, than a relayIf you have climate control, blower motor is fed not through resistor, but via CAN bus operated electronic switch circuit.It's attached near the motor and has a heatsink. Has a size of cigarette box. To find the module just follow thick green wire from the motor itself.I had a similar issue on my Grand Cherokee 06. After disconnecting and reconnecting some big socket under the dash blower motor stopped working.Beleive or not it recovered when I mistakenly grounded heatsink to metal brace. Got a spark and working motor.I think some CAN bus interface IC in the module was in "frozen" or "suspended" state and was reinintialised after "electroshock".
This is not a guideline, I think it was a happy coincidence, however try to disconnect a battery for some long period (couple of hours) during this time find, disconnect and reconnect blower motor control module.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic