icon

elevation audio products any good?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kureti 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
can any one here guide me If Elevation audio products are good. I am looking to have their amplifiers 4channel as well as the mono amp with components and Co-axial at 100Wrms on Speakers and 1500W rms on Sub. Will be driving all these with an Alpine head. pleas suggest me. if i need to get a vented box for the sub or a sealed box. I am not looking at dB but highly interested on the SQ. Is this brand Elevation audio Good???????
K. Venugopal Rao
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
I have never heard of that brand.
paidnfull 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2009 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  

I have several sets of the concert series components and love them.  We had three ten inch comp subs in my brothers truck with a mtx 801d and they slammed.  And I have two of the 2000.1's and love them too.  I would say they make good stuff. 

One of the 2000.1's I have running two fifteen's in a bronco and it is ridiculous.  No distortion and the amp has ton's of headroom.  I have the gain turned almost all the way down, and it is putting out tons of power. 

soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2009 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
paidnfull wrote:
  I have the gain turned almost all the way down, and it is putting out tons of power. 

gain setting does not dictate how much power you are getting out of the amp. you get roughly the same power no matter what you have the gain set at
moparfan1234 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2009 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
i agree it all depends on the head unit preout voltige the higher the preout voltige the lower you can have the gain and still have the same power. witch makes people that dont know how they really work think you hardly using any power when you really are. you can have a 8 volt preout and turn the amps way down and make it look like your only using a little bit of the amps power but really still geting every thing it has.
87 ramcharger eclipse CD5000 2 15" memphis M3 kenwood 900rms mono amps
99 dodge cummins diesel eclipse CD4000 1 12" memphis Mclass 800rms audiobuhn amp
paidnfull 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2009 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  

I understand that.  I had the amp set properly and had to back off a little bit because it was putting out too much power for the subs.  The amps start at 5v, my preouts are roughly 3v.  The amp is turned down closer to 5v.  Therefore I have the gain turned almost  all the way down. 

But thanks for your replies, they were very informative.  Especially considering you offered no information at all to the original post.   

moparfan1234 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2009 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
paidnfull wrote:

I understand that.  I had the amp set properly and had to back off a little bit because it was putting out too much power for the subs.  The amps start at 5v, my preouts are roughly 3v.  The amp is turned down closer to 5v.  Therefore I have the gain turned almost  all the way down. 

But thanks for your replies, they were very informative.  Especially considering you offered no information at all to the original post.   

oh come on now thats not needed.

i did not anser your main qestion because i dont have any thing good to say about that brand i also have nothen bad to say ether. i have never heard of them. to tell you the truth in my eyes they sound like some then you could buy at wallmart witch for car audio lets face it are total waist of money. if it was my money i would buy some then more known to be good like JL memphis maybe even a kicker for an amp (i dont like kicker subs) i would also say ditch the alpine head unit.

now you asked i ansered lets not have an argument over it.

99 dodge cummins diesel eclipse CD4000 1 12" memphis Mclass 800rms audiobuhn amp
moparfan1234 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2009 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
also vented boxs seem to sound the best, makes them louder, and keeps the subs running cooler and longer. thats only if they are made for a vented box call the manufatcur and ask them if they was made for a vented box. some subs will not work in vented boxs because they are made to have the back presure of a sealed box there for puting subs that are not made for a vented box will just bottum out in the magnet at very low power and sound like crap
paidnfull 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2009 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  

That was more informative.  Just don't understand why someone wants to jump in and criticize something that is not relevant.  No one asked how to install an amp.  But anyways, argument over, truce. 

The brand is pretty good quality stuff.  Far from wal-mart or the flea-market.  It is a small company, and therefore not very popular.  Wanna say they are out of new york or something.  The place I work carried them for a short while.  Nobody sold them, because nobody knew what it was.  They were already discontinued by the time I started working here and I picked up a bunch of their stuff dirt cheap.  We decided to install some of it and turned out to be very pleased.  The subs were very clean and definetely got the job done.  I have the components in both my vehicle's and my lil bro has a set in his ride.  They might not be the best on the market but I threw out my  infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5's to install these and have never looked back if that means anything to you. 

The amps I picked up later on another great deal, and I have been very, very pleased with them.  Over all I would say if you can get a good deal on them, give em a shot.  You will probably thoroughly enjoy them. 

soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2009 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
Please lets stop arguing back and forth and apologize for highjacking Kureti's post. I was trying to prevent the spread of a myth and mis-information, the both of you are just arguing and truthfully you are both wrong. if you want to know why, send me a PM, but lets get off of this person's thread.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic