icon

06 escalade remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2009 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
The alarm is going off after remote start shutdown because they used the domelight wire as the door trigger input for the code alarm.
Using the individual switched wires for each door will solve that problem (also, some bypass modules will pick up the front doors which makes wiring a bit easier).
As far as the parking light chimes, you should just learn to live with them. Either that, or program the Code Alarm to not have extended parking lights with disarm (if in fact it's chiming for 30 seconds or so and not just if the door is opened immediately). Or you could also just have the lights disconnected altogether and not have visual confirmation of arm/disarm. What's happening to your car there is not a malfunction of any sort however.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Ikillrinst 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Guys,  Chris. Your right I am not going to worry about the chime, its only 30 seconds, once the headlights shut off it stops.. and I am going to wire each door trigger instead of using the Dome.. as it is right now i have the dome override on, so none of my doors are protected...  

my last question is this.. what color wires will i find attached to the bypass module so i know how to locate it...  they also added the pulse timer to try to rectify this problem, should i leave it or take it out??

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
The bypass wire colors depend entirely on the brand and model of bypass that was used. It will most likely be under the dash and in close proximity to the Code Alarm control module.
You can probably disregard my comment about the bypass module being able to control the locks/OEM alarm/door trigger inputs. After re-reading the earlier posts in this thread it sounds like the shop used a bypass module that only does Passlock override and no other function.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic