icon

audiovox ascl100?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
66beetle 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged  
I have the ascl100 going on a Aps687a.  I looked over the paperwork i need to fill out and fax them for activation and i'm wondering if i'm missing something.  The paperwork has the number to call to lock, unlock, carfinder, etc. but no remote start.  There is a box i can check on the form and write in an option, whats that for?  Do i need to wire it to the remote start with something besides the 4 pin cable that comes with it.  I just want to make sure i fill everything out correctly.  Thanks for all the help
SoundImage 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
not to sure the best thing to do is to call audiovox direct
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
I have one, but I only used it maybe a half dozen times.
If I remember right, you just make the command for "auxilary function" or whatever it says there, that'll start the car.
66beetle 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2009 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  
do you have to wire it up? because the manual for the remote starter says to hook up the the -neg triger of the remote start to the car link or other pager system.  But the car link only came with the box, telematics cable and forms to fill out.  no other instuctions came with it but the carlink has a spot for another 2 wire plug but did not come with wires to plug into it.  do you just set up the account and call the number and have it activate the (other option) and it will remote start?
installmarc 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2009 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  

the option you need to use for remote start is number 7. 

installmarc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2009 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  

sorry.  it is just plug and go. 

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 26, 2009 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
Definitely just plug and go.
They do (or at least did) offer a second part to add to the CL100, for people who have a non-Audiovox remote starter, or even just factory power locks........ it would give you regular negative outputs that you could hook up right to the car.
But in your case you don't have (or need) that extra part, so just plug it into the alarm brain.
You might notice in the instructions, that before you fax that paper in, there's a way for the installer to operate the unit a couple of times without making a password, just to make sure it's working.
installmarc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2009 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
In order for the installer to test the unit they must have set up a dealer account with the company.  When you call to test it they ask for a four digit dealer id and a four digit password.
66beetle 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2009 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  

how long does it take for the unit to be activated?  I set up a dealer id and pin.  I called the number and went through the menu to test the functions and says the signal is being sent but nothing happens.  I filled out the customer subscription form and i'm faxing it to them on monday to see if  that makes a difference.

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 01, 2009 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
I did a couple of these and did not have to fill out the dealer form. I just faxed over the activation form and by the next day everything worked fine. I still have one left brand new in the box with nothing to hook it to. I am actually tossing around the idea of changing from my current system to a system that can use it.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic