icon

06 ford superduty diesel, viper 791xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blackbimmer 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  

I've installled, or attempted to, a Viper 791xv into my 2006 Ford SuperDuty Diesel.  I'm having a problem getting the door locks to work correctly.  I can get the system to lock the trucks doors, but it will not unlock them.  I've tried everything..

The 791xv has green and blue wires for the lock. 

I have the green hooked to the trucks WHITE/ Red wire and that lockes the doors, but the blue wire doesn't unlock no matter what I hook it too..?  I've tested with a DMM and both the green and black wires show a positive 12v when you hit the remote lock/unlock buttons...is this correct?  What do I do??

Thanks!

SoundImage 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  

unlock should be a blackwhite wire and it should loose 12v when you press unlock on the switch be sure you have the correct wire. 

blackbimmer 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
That's what I though - on the truck side there's a WHITE/ red and BLACK/ white wire - both wires are at zero and go to 12v when I press the factory FOB lock/unlock button????  I have the blue wire connected to the truck BLACK/ white but it doesn't do anything...
blackbimmer 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  

So can someone tell me what to hook the green and blue wires up to?  Funny thing I notice is that the green wire from the 791 shows no voltage change when I press *arm* on the remote, but somehow it manages to lock the system. And this is without the blue wire hooked up...

Does this sound right??  Is the brain on my 791xv messed up?

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
from the alarm,the blue wire should pulse 12 during lock and read zero or groung during unlock, the lock wire should pulse 12 during unlock and zero or ground during lock. The two wires in the truck should read between 1 to 12 volts at rest, and one should read zero or ground during locking, and the other reads ground during unlocking, at all other times the wires will have constant voltage ( i used 1 to 12 because voltage varies ), the wires that are pulsing twelve with the fob are most likely actuator wires.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
SoundImage 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
try switching the green and blue wires to see, since you know it locks you'll be able to check the out put of the alarm this way, if output is good doors will lock when you disarm.  also so you can put blk/wht straight to ground and see if the doors unlock, though i wouldn't recommend unless you are SURE its the righ twire
SoundImage 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  

found something interesting      Vehicles with keyless entry, the unlock wire is BLACK/ white (-), in the driver kick, door harness or also at the VSM, gray plug, pin 2. The VSM (Vehicle Security Module) is to the right of the accelerator pedal above the transmission hump below the radio. Not accessible from radio opening. Vehicles with keyless entry the VSM shuts down after the doors have been locked for a certain time period, to wake up the system you have to do a relay setup with the door ajar wire i could e-mail you a diagram if you can't find anything, it's also called GEM wake up

blackbimmer 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  

it appears that the alarm is doing this:

Green wire - pulses 12v when I hit unlock and nothing (I assume ground) when I hit lock - with this wire hooked to the WHITE/ red at the trucks VSM, I am able to get the doors to lock correctly.

Blue wire - pulses 12v when I hit the lock and nothing (assume ground) when I hit unlock - with this wire hooked to the BLACK/ white wire at the trucks VSM, I DO NOT get the truck doors to unlock.

Odd is that when I test the wires at the trucks VSM and using the factory FOB, I get a +12v on both the WHITE/ red and BLACK/ white wires when I hit the lock/unlock buttons (respectivly).  I've tried the blue wire to all the other wires  in the gray plug in the VSM and nothing will unlock the doors...

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
the wires shoudn't pulse twelve, they should have constant voltage always, annd go to ground or zero during lock and unlock, if it's already locking then you have one of the wires, all you have to do is find the unlock wire.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  

t&t tech wrote:
the wires shoudn't pulse twelve, they should have constant voltage always, annd go to ground or zero during lock and unlock, if it's already locking then you have one of the wires, all you have to do is find the unlock wire.

That is incorrect....on those vehicles the locks rest at ground.  When you hit the "switch in either direction it applies both power and ground directly to the motor legs, without the use of any relays,"  as quoted from the 5 wire alternating 12V positive door locks area in the lock/unlock diagrams on this site. 

It should be a standard 5 wire configuration....do you have a 451M? 

...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic