any way to disable the factory alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jrprich 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2009 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
99 Chrysler Town & Country Ltd.
I am new to this forum and I did search this topic first.
I am hoping someone can point me in the direction of how to disable the factory alarm without me having to get a new BCM on my 99 T&C Ltd. It has become even more unpredictable now.
If the car is locked and you use the key to unlock the rear hatch it will alarm. Today I unlocked the drivers door first, but did not open the door, then opened the hatch and it went off again.
My wife will not drive the van now as it has gone off on her at the grocery twice.
I do not have a working factory fob. I tried twice to get a Chrysler dealer to program a new fob for the car but their efforts failed twice.
No luck on my Chrysler forum so I did a Google search and found this link on this site
installbay/detail/668.html
I thought I had hit the jack pot when I looked down the list and found line 13
Factory Disarm WHITE/ Dark Green (665 Ohm) left Connector bottom of Fuse Panel problem is, when I dug out the White w/Dark Green tracer and cut it all it did was disable the driver's door lock switch........which is also listed at line 16 as
Door Unlock WHITE/ Dark Green White Connector B58 Connector 250 Ohm Resistor perhaps I have the wrong connector on the left of the fuse panel......but I only see two big connectors, one on the left bottom and one on the right bottom of the fuse panel.
So I butt spliced the wire I cut and the driver's door lock switch works again.
Any ideas on where the Factory Disarm wire actually is and how to use it to disable the alarm system so my wife will use the van again?
Any and all help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Jim
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2009 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
the wire you have is correct according to the database on this site, even though the lock wire is the same it most likely is the correct wire it''s multiplex, so you have to connect the wire inline not cut it, connect it with the resistor specified, it normally works with a negative pulse, so it'll be a 665ohm resistor inline on a negative pulse wire, if you have an alarm in the vehicle, aftermarket i mean, connect the factory disarm wire through the resistor, i'm not sure if it's possible to do it without an alarm, maybe someone else can chime in to help out there.
Factory DisarmWHITE/ Dark Green (665 Ohm) left Connector bottom of Fuse Panel 
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
jrprich 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2009 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info.
No other alarms. We just want to kill the factory alarm due to the many false alarms it gives.
665ohm resistor inline on a negative pulse wire,
What is a negative pulse wire? How do I tell if it is a negative pulse ?
Where do I locate a 665ohm resistor ?
Thanks again for your help any way to disable the factory alarm? - Last Post -- posted image.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  
It should disarm every time you turn the key to unlock in the drivers door. When you do this it sends a resisted negative pulse to the BCM for disarm. I've never seen one not work but i guess a bad key switch in the door could make it not work. I think the easiest thing you could do is to tap a 650 resistor onto that wire and run the other end to a momentary switch under the dash and ground the second lead on the switch. This way when it does act up you can simply press the button to disarm it. Go to Radio Shack for the resistor....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
jrprich 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 wrote:
It should disarm every time you turn the key to unlock in the drivers door. When you do this it sends a resisted negative pulse to the BCM for disarm. I've never seen one not work but i guess a bad key switch in the door could make it not work. I think the easiest thing you could do is to tap a 650 resistor onto that wire and run the other end to a momentary switch under the dash and ground the second lead on the switch. This way when it does act up you can simply press the button to disarm it. Go to Radio Shack for the resistor....
Thanks for the info.
When I turn my key in the driver's door the locks do a dance, lock, unlock, lock.....sometimes many times. Do you know if the "key switch" is seperate from the door lock cylinder in the door ?
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
That sounds like a defective key switch, at the doorlock cylinder.
Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  

jrprich wrote:
Mike M2 wrote:
Thanks for the info.
When I turn my key in the driver's door the locks do a dance, lock, unlock, lock.....sometimes many times. Do you know if the "key switch" is seperate from the door lock cylinder in the door ?

Apparently this is normal and i have no clue why. My work van is a 00 Caravan with the same factory setup and when i turn to unlock it sometimes locks all the other doors at the same time it unlocks the drivers and disarms the alarm. I rarely use it due to having a DEI RS/alarm and i use those remotes which don't arm or disarm the factory stuff but every once in a while i will mistakenly lock the doors with the switch inside when i gat out. This arms the factory and i'll have to turn the key in the door...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
jrprich 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 wrote:

jrprich wrote:
Mike M2 wrote:
Thanks for the info.

Apparently this is normal and i have no clue why. My work van is a 00 Caravan with the same factory setup and when i turn to unlock it sometimes locks all the other doors at the same time it unlocks the drivers and disarms the alarm. I rarely use it due to having a DEI RS/alarm and i use those remotes which don't arm or disarm the factory stuff but every once in a while i will mistakenly lock the doors with the switch inside when i gat out. This arms the factory and i'll have to turn the key in the door...

Thanks,

I think it is an issue with my BCM.........but I really don't want to spend hundreds or more for a dealer to figure it out or buy a new BCM.

Seems to happen to many Gen3 Chryslers/Dodges alarms. I would just like to KILL the factory alarm for good.

Thanks again,

Jim

I think it is a problem with my BCM.....

jbauto3 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2009 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  

Ground the hood pin wire this will stop the factory alarm from arming

jbauto3
jrprich 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2009 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
jbauto3 wrote:

Ground the hood pin wire this will stop the factory alarm from arming

Really......just grounding this single sensor will kill the alarm?
I will give this a try.
Thanks,
Jim

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic