icon

how to make a remote start chirp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eBoyDog 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2009 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  

Ok this will either be a common question or a wierd on BUT how would I go about adding a audible "chirp" to a remote start keyless entry?

I installed a older Rattler 259D (same as a Valet 551R) on a 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I used the (-) trigger to flash the parking light by a relay;  on unlock the parking lights flash once and on lock, the parking lights flash twice but I would like to hear a single or double chip when locks are activated (lights are hard to see during the daytime).

The catch, when it's remotely started, the parking lights flash every few seconds so I would rather not (unless I have to) hear it chirping when the car is running (the default programing is to flash the lights or to keep them on constant during remote start operation). I'm hoping that there might be a hidden programming option not to flash the lights while the engine is running by remote start?

I suspect that I don't really have much of an option with what I'm working with, I did try hooking up the White (h1/5) to the negitive trigger of the horn which worked for the lock/unlock but it got really annoying when the vehicle was running.

thanks in advance for any helpful info

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 03, 2009 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  

You could use some relays and some diodes to prevent the signal from making it to the siren/horn if the (-) status output is active from the remote start.  This would cause the siren/horn to only chirp when the remote start isn't active and the remote start outputs a parking light signal.  You will want to make sure you isolate the remote start side from the car side to make sure the siren/horn isn't triggered when you turn your lights on.

Another idea would be to use the "constant to momentary" relay setup on this site and run it off of your parking light output.  You could then reprogram the brain to keep the lights on constantly instead of flashing, which would prevent the siren/horn from chirping repeatedly.

The final option I will present you would involve taking the brain apart and seeing if there is a siren output on the main processor.  DEI likes to use the same main chip for as much as possible and then just not fill in the hardware when a feature is "turned off".  I've been able to add stuff in the past this way.

Kevin Pierson
bdl666 
Silver - Posts: 330
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2009 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
I had the same problem a couple of years ago. Try this!.
It worked for me and if i'm not mistaken it's still working.
ieSpell rocks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic