icon

changing to sq set up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boogeyman 
Silver - Posts: 359
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2009 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
 I agree 3 way plus sub more expensive but tuned properly well worth the effort............could you put some 8"s in the floor board underneath the pedals? and in the same location on the passenger side. Alot of work welding , Glassing Etc. but again well worth the effort.........And upfront bass literally, In maybe an aperiodic enclosure.I personally in my expedition like kick panel mounted mids and highs with the midbass as described above and the sub in a custom center console.........Very little time alignment adjusments needed. good luck
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2009 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  

With a pod on the a-pillar that would put the midrange 3-4 inch right together with the tweeter. the 8 would have the seperation from those 2 with about a 12 inch seperation. After looking really hard at the doors. I can probably get them all to fit. Even very close to the stock location. Tight but it could be done. I can't  really go higher than the stock  location but i can go a bit lower and forward of the stock location. I will try and get some pics up so you can see what i mean about the doors. Yes the panel is huge. But the seats block most of the useable space of them.

As far as the subs go .  I have a good 12 cubic foot to use to still leave a bit of storage room and stay at the level of the glass. Remember i am using 2L7 15s at the moment ported in 4.5 cube per + ports right now. Giving up room is not a problem at all. the back is nice and big. As for encloser i was  thinking to go with a nice molded fiber glass with a nice amp dispay down the middle. Lot of work there. I guess maybe thats why i have been a bit resistant to the idea of cutting good doors and making my self more glass work. Maybe trying to get out easy changing to sq set up - Page 2 -- posted image.

As for rattling teeth i am doing  153db at 48Hz  and still doing 146 ish to at 30Hz Yes i cant go as low as you. But honestly i find it hard to believe 1 10 would satisfy my tastes as this was just a listening truck/ daily driver. Yes i have heard a few 8s and 10s that would play all out. But thats not what we are talking about here. We are talking about like a Flat 120db maybe a bit more( i would like more changing to sq set up - Page 2 -- posted image.)Yes all the way to 20hz or lower. Maybe what i need is a bit of an eye opening with a demo. No one around here does SQ anymore. So i dont have any real local support. I should have paid more attention when guys here where doing it. But at the time SPL was where it was at for me. Also i can see how if it was a flat respose playing at 120db at say 80hz and the all the way down to 20hz clear would be amazing. I think that would be amazing to hear instead of the peaky cuts im use to.

As for reading i most certainly did read your post and also about to read up on the other. Like i said when it comes to TRUE sq i am a lost dog when it comes to staging. I really appreciate the help you are giving me.

changing to sq set up - Page 2 -- posted image.
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2009 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
Looking at MB Quart QSC 210 4inch component It handles up to 100rms. Anyone have any experience with them? Also Im thinking just building an a-pillar pod for the 4inch which will keep it and the tweeter very close to one another. Also so i dont have to mod the doors(just yet) i am looking at just using a 6 1/2 sub in the stock location. Will this be satisfactory? Like i have said before im not looking to compete in SQ but i want a more true SQ stage. Does this have a shot at sounding good? Right now becuase of funding and doing a big wall build in my 300c i am not going to be able to build my own crossover networks. I will have to use the ones that come with the components and amplifiers as well as utilize the EQ from my deck for now. Is this at all a good direction for now?
changing to sq set up - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic