icon

2005 mustang remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2009 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  

Ok now this is ridiculous. On the four pin I have it hooked up correctly and this is what the car is doing.

When I try to R/S the vehicle, the "theft/key" light flashes and the radio powers on but the starter doesn't even try to start. When I put the key in the "on" position, the car will start and die after a few seconds. On the alarm I am using the Tachless mode, but maybe I should find the tach wire. My guess is that the remote start is missing something which is not allowing me to program the PKALL. I thought everything was all ready to go.

I also need the factory disarm wire and the door trigger wires. Any idea on those?

~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
v5901user 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2010 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  

I just installed the PKALL in a 2008 mustang with a Viper 5901.  I used to D2D cable to connect the PKALL Connector 1 to the Viper 5901.  I had problems with two things and I thought I would post them here so someone may benefit.  Before I corrected these two issues, the PKALL LED would come on and stay on solid while I went through the steps to cycle the keys in the ignition to program it.  I later found these were my two problems:

1)  I was not sure which pin of the 4 pin plug was the 12 volts.  The PKALL vehicle guide for the 05-09 mustangs says pin 1 is 12 V when the ignition is on (with key).  So I tapped into the far right connector with the volt meter and turned the key and and got 14V, so I assumed that was pin one.  Well I determined later that this was actually the Rx wire (which must carry a +14V with the key on).  Pin 1 has right at 12 V only -- not 14V.

2)  Second problem was the ground when running wire.  On the PKALL vehicle guide it shows this wire going the keyless entry fob.  I now understand that the fob represents the Viper 5901 unit.  I wired the Auxillary output 2 wire to the blue/white wire on connector 2 of the PKALL and then configured the Viper to make this a remote start output "latching". 

After these two changes the instructions for programming in the PKAll vehicle guide worked fine.  I will say that the PKALL vehicle guide leaves a lot to be desired.  On the top left is says a constant LED means its already programmed and flashing means its not programmed, but in the programming instructions it mentions that if the light is flashing its already programmed and can't be reprogrammed.  From my experience, Solid LED means its not programmed and Flashing LED means it is programmed.

blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2010 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
If using w2w on the PKALL and you have a green wire in the power harness then red to +12v black to ground. if you dont have a green then blue +12v black ground
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic