icon

new guy with 5 channel amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
red49er 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2009 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
A couple of simple questions from a non audiophile type who wants a decent set up. I've got Arc audio KS5006 components front and back and need to add an amp and single 10" woofer. I've seen the Hifonics Zeus ZXi 8008 and the specs and price seem to be right. Is this a decent lower cost brand/model? If not what would you recommend. Same question for the woofer (Ive been looking at a Treo 10"). Thanks all..
red49er 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2009 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
My car is a '96 Toyota Avalon.
ccityroadshop 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2009 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
how much are you looking to spend? and what type set up? what do you already have, you running that 5 channel amp?
mustang GT convertible with lots of performance mods... Alpine M500 amp with sealed enclosure, 10 inch kappa perfect, clarion cz500 head unit, kicker ks speakers all around
red49er 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2009 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
200.00 for the amp, 50.00 for the woofer. I have 5' arc audio component front and back in my 96 toyota avalon. Basically the least possible and still get reasonably good sound
ccityroadshop 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2009 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
well for that price range i guess i would say get an infinity reference sub with the infinity 1300a amp its 300 watts, or get a kicker comp sub with a kicker 200.1zx amp
mustang GT convertible with lots of performance mods... Alpine M500 amp with sealed enclosure, 10 inch kappa perfect, clarion cz500 head unit, kicker ks speakers all around
bigjohnny 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2009 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  
Ive heard good things about insignia stuff (best buys brand) I picked up a NS-P2000 sub/amp kit. 2x12" subs, 1x600W amp.... $149 CAD.
Construction of the amp seems sound, but ive yet to hook it up. Im still a few parts/wires away from getting my system in my car....also gotta wait until real nice weather :)
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 16, 2009 at 6:43 AM / IP Logged  

The Zeus amp he is wanting is a 5 channel amp.   Years ago when they were made in the U.S.A., they were a much better product.  They are now made in china along with about 80% of all other amplifiers.  You can probably not find another 5 channel amp for 200 dollars that will be of better quality and outperform that amp.

red49er 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2009 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
So now that the Zeus seems to be acceptable, another make and model has come into the conversation. The MB Quart PAB5400. Thoughts everyone? And 10" woofer - given my budget any suggestions?
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2009 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
i would try to save a little bit more than $50 so you can get something decent because there is not much to be had unless you find something used. when you buy subs, you get what you pay for and if you want decent sound you need a quality sub.
suggestions;
Alpine type S
infinity
kicker cvr
red49er 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
While I'm definitely trying to keep costs dowm I don't want to have to go buy a new one in 3 months 'cuz I went cheap in the first place. I've been looking at a 10" Treo sub. Ever heard of them, if so would you recommend this brand? What other make and model might be good for me? Also you mentioned a used sub, is this risky or do they generally hold up real well over time?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic