icon

Viper 5901, Unable to Adjust Shock Sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pyrofallout 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2009 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 5901 with a Responder LC remote. I am unable to adjust my shock sensor for whatever reason. I have tried several ways and can not get the remote to enter sensor adjustment. When i hit f in the menu to enter sensor adjustment it does the error tone (beep beep baaaah) I have tried with it armed/unarmed locked/unlocked door open/door closed and cannot get it to enter adjustment mode. My sensor is not near sensitive enough and needs to be adjusted big time. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you!
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 17, 2009 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
have you tried tweeking the adjustment vr right on the shock sensor itself??
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
ajstetler 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2009 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like you will have to use a bitwriter to adjust that.
Big Al
pyrofallout 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2009 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
The shock sensor on the 5901 is built into the brain. i am pretty sure there is not adjustment on the brain either. it is supposed to be done via the responder LC remote
pyrofallout 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2009 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
Page 35 in the owner's manual shows that it can be adjusted from the remote. It is the second menu down after holding the f button for 10 secs. I can get to it, I just can't get in it for some reason.
pyrofallout 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2009 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
after further jacking around with it, I got it working. Another one of those things Directed doesn't put in the manuals or tell you, go figure.
The vehicle has to be unarmed and unlocked. If you have priority locks both locks have to be unlocked. So press Unlock twice. Then when you go to access the Sensor Adjust menu you cannot just press f like you do for other menu's to enter the menu. You must hold it down for several seconds. A short siren will sound and you will be able to select sensitivity level between 00-15. Once you have selected the sensitivity level you want, press f to confirm it and then go down to Exit and press f. Upon exiting you will hear another short siren. Done!
Thanks for the input guys. Mods feel free to close/lock thread as you deem necessary.
Thanks again!!
thegreat22 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2009 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
Is it the higher the number the higher the sensitivity
(The Great)
chevysittinon26 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2009 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  

Im unsure if the higher the number the higher the level of sensitivity. I have it on 15 now and the sensor just sucks appearently. I need to get a external shock sensor. I wonder if proximity sensors work well through tint. I have 5% on the back and 25 on the front?

pyrofallout 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2009 at 6:35 AM / IP Logged  
I have been told by many to just stay away from prox sensors. They are bad news and false all the time.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2009 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  
Actually, prox are the best sensors if one goes to the trouble of setting them up correctly, then adjusting them if needed after a week, then doing what I did on an old alarm, putting a switch and diode on the outer (warning) cable. Great to set up so that anyone walking by doesn't affect it, but if they loiter it trips, except someone drives closely by in say a Chevy van or similar and the alarm will trigger off!  Also over here with our Cat 1 alarms, for the bitwriter to work, not only does the alarm need to be turned off, which should be obvious, but the ignition has to be turned on!  Also where it says to open doors when manually programming Vipers/Hornets/Avital/some Cliffords, when you have a positive door trigger feed, such as E48 BMWs, you also need to ground the green wire from the alarm/RS.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic