icon

looking for cheap subs with a good sound

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rfhvhtoo 
Copper - Posts: 238
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2009 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  

Hi I had 2 10 inch rockford fosgate T1's and a rockford T10001bd amplifier. Due to a malfaunction in the amp, it took both subwoofers down as well. So now I am looking for 2 10 inch subs for a 1.8cbft box that can give me sound close to the T1's for a very low cost.

I know alot of the 200$ for the T1's is just for the name brand. and we have all been amazed by a cheap subwoofer that we never thought could sound like that. Turns out there is hundreds of subwoofers out there that i cannot get too so I am asking is there any out there that you have herd that have amazed you?

Example: Im seeing lots and lots of good reviews for lanzar subwoofers that are 59$.. But are these beginner reviews?

1.8 cbft Sealed enclosure Dual 10 inch

T10001bd Amp (1300 Actual wattage)

Thanks alot

I can't hear you!
rfhvhtoo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2009 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
Also I have to have a subwoofer that can catch the Low notes Very Accurately since I dont have enough room to port my enclosure. Thanks
I can't hear you!
red49er 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2009 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
check into MB Quart. they're German designed and made by rockford/fosgate (so says the web site). I know they're not too expensive. good luck
bigblue06 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2009 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
DB drive. go with the SPL series..You will not be disappointed.
ragsports 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2009 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
You say cheap but what is your budget for the 2 subwoofers?
rfhvhtoo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2009 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  

The Budget isnt set. But im trying to stay under $150 for 2. My dream is to stay around $100 for 2. and thats where those lanzars come in with all these good reviews i see about them. But I have never really experianced the sound of Lanzar subwoofers. I've always blew them off... Now i need to hear them badly.

even the Quantum Audio 10 inch Cozmik Series. They are 100 for the pair too. And i hear people saying those arent good subs. But are those the kinda people that usually have 10 thousand watts and 20 10 inch subs? or are those average people like me that just want some pretty good SPL and lows?

I can't hear you!
ragsports 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2009 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
Lanzar subwoofers usually dont have very good build quality and if you are concerned at all with sound quality these wouldent be the choice for you. With that being said your budget really limits you on the quality of a woofer you will be able to get your hands on.. Have you ever looked into pioneer subwoofers? They are not the best by any means, but with the money you are trying to spend they are a good choice. They are loud and usually hit the lows very well.
rfhvhtoo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2009 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
I really am not looking for SQ. looking for SQ at such a low price i'd be pretty disappointed. If i can get some great SPL for a low cost then that will be more worth it. Atleast the Quality from the T10001bd will somewhat show through a little with the quality signal. The thing with the pioneers is there are SO many different champion versions. I dont know which one is the one that will give me what im looking for. because they are all around the same price range 
I can't hear you!
ayalahomero 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2009 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  

You should be able to pick up 2 kicker comps for around 100 bucks a pair.  Might have to shop around a little bit, but you'll find them at that price.  They are the best "cheap" sub I've used.  I have been very happy with their performance, and so have all the people who's car I've installed them in.

Actually just installed two in a custom sealed box.  Think it was around 1.5 cu ft per chamber if I remember correctly.  Put them on a kicker 300.1 and they sound great. 

rfhvhtoo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2009 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
The thing about kicker cvr and alot of other kicker subs is that so many people have them and i dont want people to be able to almost predict the sound of my system you know? With you installing subwoofers often do you know of a pair of 10inch that would give me low notes, high spl, SQ (doesnt matter), around 150 for the pair. and 700wrms and less because Im not getting a new amplifier. 
I can't hear you!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic