icon

scytek r/s in 2007 monte carlo no start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tazinct 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2009 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  

I have installed a Scytek Precision 5510 security system with remote start. I also purchesed and installed the Scytek PLJX-UTI - Combo GM Passlock (ALL) + Universal Transponder Bypasskit. This bypass kit requires a spare key that is placed inside the unit and has the loop that goes over the key cylinder. This unit also has a yellow 'key-sense' wire that I did not use.

All parts of the system are working except the remote start. The engine will turn over, but will not start. I have performed the tach wire programming successfully, and have even tried the units "tachless" feature but the car will not start either way. The engine is cranking over for plenty of time, but no go.

Using the key, the car starts fine. So I tried to use the car starter with the key in the ignition to see if it would fix the problem, but no. So, then I tried using the remote starter by pressing the remote start button, when power comes on, turning the key to 'run' and letting the remote start go, but still nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2009 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
The problem is that your immobilizer is not rf based.
You need to follow the passlock 1, 2 and vats diagram for your vehicle. If you do not have it please follow this link
http://www.bypasskit.com/manuals/486_PLJX-UTI_H01_S01_D01_I_EN.pdf
ajstetler 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2009 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
Check to see if there is a (+) stamped on your key. If you do, it's not Passlock 1, 2 or VATS. That is a transponder based system. I believed they changed from Passlock 2 to Passkey 3 in 2006 with the new body style just like the Impalas.
Big Al
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2009 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  

Key SenseWHITE(+)AT THE GREEN CONNECTOR ON THE BCM
THIS IS REQUIRED FOR REMOTE START.

It looks like you have a "hybrid system", a combination of both resistance, and transponder. I don't know if the keysense will fix your problems, but you do have the right bypass. I'll do some more research, and see if i can find anythong else wierd with the module...........sort of suprised i haven't had to do one of these yet, although i have seen a couple of cobalts done with this system.
tazinct 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2009 at 2:50 AM / IP Logged  
Ther is a "+" on the key. I did the search on scytek's website before purchasing the transponder bypass so I beleive I have the right transponder bypass. In the instructions for the bypass module, it says that the keysense is optional. As I didn't see any information on keysense in any of the wiring lists I've found, I did not connect it to anything. Could this be the problem?
tazinct 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2009 at 2:55 AM / IP Logged  
One more thing... if the problem is the keysense wire not being hooked up, would the remote start work as long as the key was inserted into the cylinder? I've tried that and it still does not remote start.
tazinct 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2009 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  

UPDATE - I'm positive that I found the problem. Some how, I ended up with the wrong bypass module. It's not the PLJX-UTI. I don't know how, but somehow I ordered the wrong unit. Last night I pulled out the installation instructions to verify the wiring and found a different model number.

New, correct unit is on order. If it does not work, I'll repost. Thanks everyone for steering me in the right direction.

-Bruce

tazinct 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2009 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  

ok... I have the correct bypass module now. I have the Passkey3 system in my car which I assume is a combo of Passlock 2 and Key Transponder. Am I correct?

I need to know because the bypass module has a jumper that needs to be set to Passlock 1, passlock 2 or VATS. I need to make the selection prior to programming it and it can only be programmed once. Which jumper setting is correct?

Thanks,

Bruce

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic