icon

01 ford sport trac

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flybyu 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2009 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  

1. I can't for the love of it find the dark GREEN/ purple wire that everybody says is in the harness on the drivers kick panel. this wire is for oem factory disarm. 2. i having problems with expresskits pkall immobilizer. I go through the steps and remote start the truck  and it starts but the theft light is going nuts. try to restart and nothing but theft light. Would my problems be the factory alarm not disarming or is it this immobilizer? Please help this is driving me nuts.

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2009 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  

Hmmm....never seen a factory alarm on one of them. Either way, your problem would not be related to the factory alarm...if it had one. Are you using D2D? If not, the manual is wrong on the blue wire in the four pin harness. This wire doesn't need to be hooked up. The red wire in that harness should be hooked up to 12v.

This is how i program this module. Leave 4 pin plug out(12v and ground.) Hold programming button in, and plug in 4 pin harness. Led will go solid. Release programming button. Turn first key on until security light on vehicle goes out, insert second key and turn on until security light goes out. Now remote start.....make sure you have the ground while running from remote start hooked up to bypass.

flybyu 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2009 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
I  tried that way 3 times, with no luck. It  will start after programming but the theft light will go nuts and when i try to restart it won't do nothing but flash the theft light. I'm to blow this thing up. Also after i put the first key in and wait for the theft light to shut off and when i turn the ignition off the pkall red light blinks many times. Does that mean anything?
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2009 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  

Not sure...if the module blinked before you had turned a key on during programming, it would mean the module was already programmed...but what you are saying is different. Have you tried reversing your rx and tx wires? Tell me what wires on the module you have hooked up, and the wires they are hooked up to in the vehicle.

flybyu 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2009 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
mikvot wrote:

Not sure...if the module blinked before you had turned a key on during programming, it would mean the module was already programmed...but what you are saying is different. Have you tried reversing your rx and tx wires? Tell me what wires on the module you have hooked up, and the wires they are hooked up to in the vehicle.

I just tried reversing wires with no luck. it blinks after i shut off the first key. and never does anything after that. The wires i used of the module were the PURPLE / white, yellow/black, blue/white, pink. I located the wires coming out of a black box on my ignition going to a plug, the weird thing is they want to use connection type 1 of their kit but the plug that those wires go to is connection 3. I can't any other wires  coming out of the ignition switch.

flybyu 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2009 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
Any other ideas. I connected to the wires that come out of a little black box that sits on the key switch. Is this the right one?
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2009 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
What colours did you connect to at the ignotion switch and what is the build date of your vehicle?
You can find this on your driver door below the latch or on the vehicle where the door meets the car
flybyu 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2009 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  

chadwa2003 wrote:
What colours did you connect to at the ignotion switch and what is the build date of your vehicle?
You can find this on your driver door below the latch or on the vehicle where the door meets the car

bypass wires   oem wires

pink                   RED / green

yellow/black            WHITE/ green

PURPLE / white         grey/red

The build date is 12-00

flybyu 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2009 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
tommorrow i'm going to check to see if i put the data 2 data cable in backwards. According the expresskit catalog it's possible. will let you know tommorrow. thanks
flybyu 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2009 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
The only thing i found was the d2d cable was not wired correctly. still starts after i program it and the theft light goes nuts. but won't remote start again.  Are you sure  this isn't anything to do with the anti-theft disarm wire not being hooked up. i still can't find that dark green and purple wire. There has to be other people on here that has used the pkall transponder. I unplug the plug that goes the pats wires on the module. While holding the button in, i plug it back in and get a solid light. I then put the first key in and turn to ignition and wait till the theft light shuts off and when i turn the key off and the transponder starts to blink. It blinks like 5 times. i've tried many times to put the second key in and turn it on before it stops blinking and can't keep up with it. then i remote start the truck and it starts but the theft light is blinking like mad. and after that i try to restart it and i just get the theft light and no  start. When i first put this in a week ago i did wire the ground while running to an always ground by mistake. and this thing will only let you program it for 1 car. could i of messed this thing up? Also there's 2 ignition wires under the dash, i only wired 1 of them. could this be a possibility? On the pkall instrutions it shows a plug at the ignition switch, i just have a black box with wires coming out of it. it does say pats on it. it goes to a plug and thats were i wired it to.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic