the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

06 infiniti g35 coupe alarm wiring issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dcman41 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2009 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
Im having trouble locating the BCM for my car, If you read this link apparently some cars have different BCMS. Reference Post 1 (this is the CORRECT BCM), and if you reference post number 15(that is how my bcm looks, and all the wire colors are either incorrect or missing according to the latest directechs. I am having trouble finding the door trigger / and the trunk hatch pin. Please can some one help me i have those two wires left and i would like to close up the underneath of my dash.
Thanks in advance
http://www.g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-diy/126297-diy-shock-sensor-cabin.html
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2009 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
The BCM shown in #15 is a common BCM style used in most Nissans a few years ago. If you reference an 06 Armada, Pathfinder, Titan, Frontier, Maxima, Altima you will see they too have the same style BCM with the same plugs. You should be able to get info from these cars to find what you need. Wire colors may be different but pin positions are the same. If wires are missing this doesn't mean you can't get what you want there, add a wire into the pin. For instance, we do this on the Maxima for lock wires without going to the door for them. We sinply use the same pin slot as the Frontier. DEI lists pin positions, hopefully you can find info from there....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 18, 2009 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
The BCM will click when you operate the power door locks. Just hit the locks and listen.
It's in the driver's kick panel, next to where your left foot would be if you were sitting in the car.
The BCM also has the fuse box as part of it.....if you can find the fuses inside the car, you've already found the BCM.
dcman41 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2009 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you guys for all the great help, and ideas I am still having trouble finding the correct wiring for my BCM. The BCM I have has a 40 pin connector, and all of the information for the driver door trigger is in pin 62. Hopefully you guys can keep up the good work and get me outta this bind
Thanks
-Rob
dcman41 
Posted: March 19, 2009 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, so heres an update. I found my driver side door trigger in the harness that goes from the drivers kick to the rear of the car, however i unscrewed the door trigger button, and the color of the wire is GREEN/ Black. That is when i found it in the harness going to the rear. It does NOT go to the 40 pin BCM connector that i have. anyone have any ideas about the trunk pin, and the passenger side door ? I cannot find any wiring info about this 40 pin connector for my BCM.  Also i shouldnt really say im having trouble locating the BCM, i am having trouble locating the correct wires at the Pins seeing that i have a different generic BCM for my car.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2009 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  

Nissan counts all 3 plugs as one set of pins, so pin 62 could be in a smaller plug. I think the plug with the larger gauge wires is the first plug, then when you count all these the next plug starts it's count from there not over again. What i do is start my pin count from one i already know is correct and count from there. You need to look at ALL 3 plugs knowmatter how many wires are in it...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Posted: March 19, 2009 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
The door triggers aren't in the 40-pin plug.
The 40-pin plug has the defroster wire, and the empty pins where you can add wires for the doorlocks.
There are two or three other plugs, with maybe 5-10 wires in each.
All of the individual door trigger wires are together in one of those other plugs.
dcman41 
Posted: March 19, 2009 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
I will check out the other connectors when I get home, I have 3 plugs the 40 pin connector and. 2 others.
money042 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2009 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
hey dcman14, any luck with this? I know it's over 9 months ago, but I'm in the same situation right now. I hope you're still getting notifications for this thread. Thanks!
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Posted: December 10, 2009 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  

Here is the info for the '06 coupe BCM:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coupe/2006_G35_Coupe/bcs.pdf (it starts on page 11)

Here is a layout of pin numbers for the BCM:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coupe/2006_G35_Coupe/pg.pdf (page 71)

Some of Nissans service manuals are funny in that they don't give wire colors for the BCM - to find actual wire colors you need to dig a bit deeper in to the other subsections of the manual for specific BCM functions.  If you have a specific question about a specific wire I can look it up and provide the info.

Kevin Pierson
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic