the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

stereo parts i bought, parts i need

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ragsports 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2009 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged  
With the component you picked out there is no way you are going to be able to run 1 amp, and expect any reasonable price range. You have picked out components that require a large amount of wattage. The best and most economical way would be to run a dual amp setup. One amp for the subwoofers and one for the mids and highs. What is your price range?
helli3yte 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2009 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  

i forgot to mention in also purhcased a KVT819 Excelon head unit, but with all the speakers, subs and head unit.  combined total 1250 give or take a few dollars.  but what if i just used one sub instead of 2.  can it be done then.  but for sake of argument ill say another 750 i can spend.  but lets stick with one sub then.

ragsports 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2009 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  
i know you are hell bent on using one amplifier, but have you noticed the size of a 5 or 6 channel amplifier? With that being said The Alpine PDX series are very small and compact. They will take up less space than a Multi-channel amplifier. You will get much better sound quiality, and you will be over all more pleased with your system if you go the 2 amplifier route. Check out the Alpine Pdx 1.1000 and the alpine pdx 4.100. If you really want to go with 1 amplifier the Arc Audio KS 900.6 Will work well with one subwoofer. You can pick it up for around $670
helli3yte 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2009 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
just wanted to give you all guys an update on my situation.  I finally caved in and installed everything professionaly.  Im running now 2 RE Audio SE 10"  in a sealed enclosure with a Memphis 16-PR4.50 for the interiors which are the XXX RE AUDIO components 6x5's, and 16-PR2.150 for the subs.  Both are class a/b amps.  I never wanted to a system where everything was distorted and rattling because i believe that if a car passes by and some ghetto fool is in there thinking he has some great sound but all you hear is the damn rattling and can barely hear the words because everthing is so crappy then i think he is a fool, because mine is stricly for sound quality and my head unit goes all the way up whithout any distortion and hits hard as hell.  Im pleased.  Should i make a video of the setup in my car, which by the way looks really clean.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic