icon

200ma when grounded?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
06dak287 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2009 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you all for the help. One last thing. Have any of you done a 05-06 Dakota? I can't find a good spot to go through the firewall....without taking the while fuse box out and it's a mess.
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2009 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  

06dak287 wrote:
.. I can't find a good spot to go through the firewall ..

Why don't you create one, then use a proper bushing and seal it?

Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
06dak287 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2009 at 1:55 AM / IP Logged  
because it's a new truck and i dont want to drill holes...just yet.
i ended up popping through the shift cable grommet.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2009 at 4:34 AM / IP Logged  
You couldn't find a grommet? Driling is an absolute worst case scenario. I use curtain rod, (wire cable enclosed in a white plastic sheath) with WD-40 or a cabinet 18" screwdriver with the end rounded off (not pointy) to get through existing wiring grommetts then RTVC or similar to seal off.
jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2009 at 2:11 AM / IP Logged  
The Orange (ground when armed output) will provide ground to any device you use to activate once you arm the system. IE Tilt sensor, prox sensor, starter kill relay, or a additional LED scanner light.  DEI devices are all color coded the same. IE there is a orange wire on the tilt sensor harness.. hope this clears it up for ya
06dak287 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2009 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
yes everyone's help really cleared that up for me. I got the alarm portion all hooked up just haven't started on the remote start portion yet. a few more questions though (didn't want to start a new thread)
when i unarm the system (ungo sr6000), it chirps 4 instead of the usual 2. the first few times i armed and un-armed it chirped twice. now EVERY TIME it chirps 4 times and when im driving down the road the LED is blinking 2 times than pause then 3 times. and my pager is blinking the door symbol and a hammer on top of the window symbol??
it seems the dome and door triggers are working fine so i dont know what this all means. thanks again and sorry for all the questions.
jcs091570 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2009 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
It sounds like you don't have your 12v ignition wire hooked up yet to the alarm harness.  This circuit acts as a reset to the alarm system as well as ignition controlled doorlocks, shutting down domelight etc. Once you have tripped the alarm.. it will always chirp 4 times to let you know it was activated until you reset the system when putting car in crank/run position. . The 12v ignition wire on your Dakota is Dark blue on the ignition harness. You might want to double check your door circuit. Your door triggers are (-). This have separate wires for all the doors on your truck.. but you can use your domelight supervision wire which is yellow (kick panel) to trigger alarm if any of the doors are opened. This eliminates wiring all circuits and having to use diodes. Sounds like your remote tells you what triggered the alarm until you reset the system. You can always disconnect the power to reset it if you have to till you connect the 12v ign wire.  Hope this helps.
06dak287 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2009 at 1:25 AM / IP Logged  
yea thats kinda what i was thinking too. but the alarm module doesnt have the ign. wire....it runs through the remote start module THEN to the alarm module so i guess ill have to put up with it until i get the RS portion installed. your correct, i used my domelight circuit as the door trigger. that all works as it should...open the door alarm goes off. and light flash works fine. but i also cant do the default menu settings. where you can change stuff, because that requires the IGN wire to be hooked up as well. so NOT having remote start hooked up YET, limits my use more than i thought lol. alright well ill have to get on that. thanks alot.
06dak287 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2009 at 1:29 AM / IP Logged  
one more thing lol sorry. on the main harness for the alarm module. there is a WHITE/ blue wire. that says remote start (-) activation input. the picture shows what looks like a valet switch or hood switch but both of those are hooked up already. it talks about using ground pulses for the remote start. what does that wire have to be hooked up too?
jcs091570 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2009 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged  
I am currently looking at the install manual for this alarm. You have a +yellow ignition input to alarm wire on the "remote start ribbon harness"  This is the wire that will connect to your 12v ignition wire. I think I said it was dark blue. I'll see if I can figure out your other question on the Main harness H1/3 white-blue wire.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic