icon

viper 571xv issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
katit 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2009 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  

Acting up. Whenever I try to start car - I hear constant relay clicking and I see my car's alarm light blinking which means that Viper trying to disarm/arm car repetedly.No start

Opening door - I hear relay click but no door open and same with closing.

It started when 1 day I wanted to start and it didn't start.

Any suggestions on what that could be? I have it for about 1 year and it just started to act..

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2009 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  

here we go again, katit have you wondered why no replies, here's why your post is too vague, more info is needed, what kind of vehicle, what type of system, what's not starting the remote starter or the car, help us help you. explain in detail your problems, there are no magicians on this site,

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
katit 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2009 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
t&t tech wrote:

here we go again, katit have you wondered why no replies, here's why your post is too vague, more info is needed, what kind of vehicle, what type of system, what's not starting the remote starter or the car, help us help you. explain in detail your problems, there are no magicians on this site,

It's Mazda RX7 94. I installed actuators/solenoids in door and hatch along with 571xv last year. Everyting was working up until now.

When I try to remote start I see my car's alarm indicator blinking, it means that 571xv sends arm/disarm signal. I also hear relay clicking and it seems like it goes into infinite loop with different sequence. click-click-click...

When I try to "close" - I hear relay click (not my relay) and door won't close but Viper light blinks like it worked. When I try to open -- door won't open but viper stops blinking like it worked. When I activate trunk/hatch - it goes into this click-click-click just like if I try to start car and stop when I push on gas pedal.

katit 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2009 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  

katit wrote:
and stop when I push on gas pedal.

I mean brakes of course..

katit 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2009 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  

Today I actually started to dig in. Car was parked for a while and battery was completely dead(!!)

I hooked up charger, started to check things. It seems that Viper doing it's thing but nothing actually works. I hear relays click - but door actuator won't work.

One other thing - When I use AUX that opens trunk - my own installed relay buzzing. Does it mean that all problems could be because of battery?

adamsaudio 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2009 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  

A dead battery or a battery with low voltage will cause this problem. How old is the battery?

Second thing: A weak or poor ground will cause almost the same problem. Where do you have the alarm grounded?

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2009 at 2:32 AM / IP Logged  
First rule when I saw this post and you vaugely went on about relays clicking was flat battery but someone else beat me to it.
katit 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2009 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  

I solved issue. It did look like battery but battery was good. Ground comes from ignition wires. All installation is solid, I did it with all solder connections, heatshrink wrap, etc.

I had another power line coming from engine bay specifically for starter. The issue was in that line. It was good, good connections etc. Problem was in RadioShack "weatherproof" fuse holder. After I took and reinserted fuse everything started to work..

Thanks for all advice.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic