zenesis alarm/remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sam@zenesis 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2009 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  

hi guys,

my name is Sam Yang and im one of the directors at Zenesis Electronics Corp. (www.zenesisalarms.com).

I was notified by a few people about questions and comments about our products so I decided to join this forum myself to provide some support and answers.

We've been around quite some time already, but haven't really pushed our sales and marketing efforts until last year.

Right now, we have 14 independent reps in the USA along with several key distributors. In Canada, Grandwest Enterprises distributes our line for Western Canada, and for Eastern Canada, we deal directly as we have our office in Toronto as well as in Chino California.

The rumours about Compustar involvement with Zenesis is false. I think the rumours started due to the similarties in the system. Both Zenesis and Compustar have factories based in South Korea. Zenesis is still made in South Korea, while Compustar has moved their factories over to China. However, due to its engineering background in South Korea, we do have similarities. Most systems from Korea are similar. However, that doesn't mean that we have any involvement between the two companies.

We have a few new lines and patented technologies, such as the Z-PASS TOUCH module that sets us apart.

And because of our limited distribution, it also creates a good advantage for the "A-list" dealers.

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding our products. I'm glad to be on here. ;)

Sam Yang
Director, Zenesis Electronics
Chino, CA, USA / Toronto, ON, Canada
geordon 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2009 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
sam@zenesis wrote:

hi guys,

my name is Sam Yang and im one of the directors at Zenesis Electronics Corp. (www.zenesisalarms.com).

I was notified by a few people about questions and comments about our products so I decided to join this forum myself to provide some support and answers.

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding our products. I'm glad to be on here. ;)

Sam,
1. Would you care to comment as to how the ZN-502 compares to the Viper 5901, which can be purchased for considerably less?
2. What are the dimensions of the remote?
3. Is there a proximity option to automatically unlock the car when the remote is close enough, without having to actually press a button on the remote? That way, I could just pull out my key, without messing with the remote to find the right button in the dark, or when my hands are full.
4. I would like to use the Aux channels to roll my electric windows up and down. Is the remote compatible with the DEI window module, or do you sell your own?
Thanks,
Geordon
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2009 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
We actually installed one at our shop about a month ago. Of Course it was soldered and used a PKALL bypass. Customer hasn't given us any input on it. From the look of the brain it looks like a compustar brain. I'm not saying they are the same but they do look alike. Other then that it worked at the shop with no problems. Only thing i saw different was that the remote start does not work if the door is open. It may be a setting but I saw that kind of weird. BTW it was an 08 Automatic TL. In other news, we will now carry Compustar Pro due to the wide distribution of viper everywhere. They also have issues with the alarm that has been solved now but its kinda late.
geordon 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2009 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
Forgot to ask, can the Z-Pass be mounted in a location other than the windshield, such as my fixed rear window?
92 Dodge Stealth R/T TT
sam@zenesis 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2009 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
geordon wrote:
sam@zenesis wrote:

hi guys,

Sam,
1. Would you care to comment as to how the ZN-502 compares to the Viper 5901, which can be purchased for considerably less?
2. What are the dimensions of the remote?
3. Is there a proximity option to automatically unlock the car when the remote is close enough, without having to actually press a button on the remote? That way, I could just pull out my key, without messing with the remote to find the right button in the dark, or when my hands are full.
4. I would like to use the Aux channels to roll my electric windows up and down. Is the remote compatible with the DEI window module, or do you sell your own?
Thanks,
Geordon

Hi Geordon,

First of all, the ZPASS can be mounted on the back window - but, the wire may not be long enough depending on the size of your vehicle. It's really designed for use on the front windshield. Somepeople have installed it on the upper right corner as well.

To answer your question:

1. ZN502 vs Viper 5901-  not sure where you are getting the prices, but our prices are a LOT less than the 5901. The official MSRP on the ZN502 is $399, while official MSRP on Viper 5901 (as stated on their website) is $649. The prices that other dealers may sell is out of our hands but we do protect it to a point in order to stop price wars from happening and to protect our dealers. Other than that, the most difference in our product with others is the ZPASS TOUCH and the new LCD remote. Everything else is pretty much the same.

2. Don't have the exact dimensions, but it's pretty small. Smaller than Compustar as well if you want a comparison.

3. This feature will come out on our next Z702 model (December release). Microwave sensor systems from some companies don't work well all the time, so customers end up taking the unit out. We're testing different type of sensors and technologies in the meantime.

4. Yes, we have additional aux outputs where you can hook this up.

Sam Yang
sam@zenesis 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2009 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  

enice wrote:
We actually installed one at our shop about a month ago. Of Course it was soldered and used a PKALL bypass. Customer hasn't given us any input on it. From the look of the brain it looks like a compustar brain. I'm not saying they are the same but they do look alike. Other then that it worked at the shop with no problems. Only thing i saw different was that the remote start does not work if the door is open. It may be a setting but I saw that kind of weird. BTW it was an 08 Automatic TL. In other news, we will now carry Compustar Pro due to the wide distribution of viper everywhere. They also have issues with the alarm that has been solved now but its kinda late.

If you installed the ZN502 AS (alarm/starter combo) unit, than yes, it shouldn't remote start with the doors opened. The alarm portion of the system kicks in and prevents it from remote starter. If you have the Starter only, than it will start even with the doors opened.

What part of New York are you in? I'll be coming in on the first week of August to visit some key dealers and distributors.

Sam Yang
geordon 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2009 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
sam@zenesis wrote:
1. ZN502 vs Viper 5901-  not sure where you are getting the prices, but our prices are a LOT less than the 5901.
I was using street prices of $300 to $350 for the ZN-502 vs $240 for the 5901. I doubt many people on these forums pay full retail for their equipment.
92 Dodge Stealth R/T TT
geordon 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2009 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
sam@zenesis wrote:
2. Don't have the exact dimensions, but it's pretty small. Smaller than Compustar as well if you want a comparison.
Thanks for the info. Surely, you can get your hands on one of these, and provide exact dimensions. For comparison, how does it compare to the 5901, which also uses an internal antenna, like Version 2 of the ZN-502, right?
Thanks,
Geordon
92 Dodge Stealth R/T TT
sam@zenesis 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2009 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  

geordon wrote:
sam@zenesis wrote:
1. ZN502 vs Viper 5901-?not sure where you are getting the prices, but our prices are a LOT less than the 5901.
I was using street prices of $300 to $350 for the ZN-502 vs $240 for the 5901. I doubt many people on these forums pay full retail for their equipment.

I'm beginning to think that you are a retail customer rather than a 12volt dealer...  is that correct? :)

Well, I'm actually proud that our "street prices" are $300 to $350 .. although it shouldn't near $300 price range to begin with. That's a testament of how we control pricing. MSRP of $649 and street price of $240 is quite a jump.

As for the dimensions on the ZN502 goes... I'll get back to you on that with a ruler to be more exact.

Sam Yang
geordon 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2009 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
sam@zenesis wrote:

I'm beginning to think that you are a retail customer rather than a 12volt dealer...  is that correct? :)

Correct, I am an enthusiast and DIY'er, as permitted by these forums. I apologize if I somehow implied otherwise.
sam@zenesis wrote:

As for the dimensions on the ZN502 goes... I'll get back to you on that with a ruler to be more exact.

That would be great. I appreciate your effort. I think the remote looks pretty slick, but don't anything "bulky" to dangle off my car key.
92 Dodge Stealth R/T TT
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic