icon

remotes not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
elton_23 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2009 at 4:43 AM / IP Logged  
install was fine no light on the remote ive tried to program then i even used the spare one no luck could the battery's both be no good ?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2009 at 5:54 AM / IP Logged  
You said in an earlier post you measured the batteries. Well the only correct way is under load,  i.e. in the remote whilst pressing a button, ref the remotes, have you tried setting your DMM to contnuity and checking the switches?  Also check the battery holders, they tended to fall out on G4 Clifford product.  Stop worrying and perform the tests I mentioned earlier, it's the only way you can eliminate possible causes.
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2009 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure the unit is not in valet mode. Check the batterys in remotes. Recode the remotes. Check to make sure all your wire are good and theres no blown fuses.
elton_23 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2009 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
everything was working just fine and dandy i just dont understand how a brand new never used remote and battery dont work iv tried countless times to program it
elton_23 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2009 at 4:05 AM / IP Logged  
guess ill have to tear it all out and buy a new one since i cant get it to work
elton_23 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2009 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
i dont think a new battery would help when i unhook the battery shouldn't the valet mode come on ? cause theres no light or anything
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2009 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
That tells me you should refer to my previous post where I asked you to check voltage at your unit. read it again do what I say and we can eliminate things. If the LED in your car doesn't come on I wouldn't even think about the remotes, the first thing would be to check your fuses. You did something wrong when you added the LEDs
elton_23 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2009 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
like ive said b4 everything was installed right then it just stopped working after i installed the led dome lights which i took out still nothing i checked the wireing and everything more than once it all looks fine fuse is good alarm response to the plain view switch it chirps and the lights blink but nothing from the remotes which check out ok
elton_23 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2009 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
also this is a clifford arrow 5
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  

There are 2 fuses, 5 and 15 but it sounds like they are OK, last thing, check antenna connections, make sure it's plugged in fully at both ends and the lead isn't broken or pinched.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic