icon

avital autostart 4103

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rizallionc 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2009 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
I have an Avital Autostart(4103????). The on-board relay for the door lock/unlock does NOT work anymore. I was told I need a new alarm brain. The alarm is about a year and half old only. Everything else works properly so I was wondering cant I just use a relay and the neg output of the alarm to lock and unlock my doors? If so, what do I need to do and get? Any help is greatly appreciated.
TIA.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2009 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
do the negitive outputs still work off the alarm ?   i dont recall the 4103 have onboard relays for locks   its has flip flop outputs
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
rizallionc 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2009 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
As far as I know the negative output still works. I believe I have the 4103 (not sure though) but I am sure that its an Avistart. I know it has the lock/unlock connected to 2 wire that plugs into the brain. I am assuming it has a built in relay but not sure.
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2009 at 5:26 AM / IP Logged  
yea the 2 wires blue and green are flip flop lock wires   no built it relays   test the 2 wire with a dmm
rizallionc 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2009 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
chev104275 wrote:
flip flop lock wires...   test the 2 wire with a dmm
Not sure what flip flop wires means and what am I looking for when I test it with a meter???? sorry newbie here.
chev104275 
Posted: March 31, 2009 at 6:45 AM / IP Logged  
sorry i was wrong i grabbed the install manual this morning for the 4103 and it just has negitive outputs on it     put your red meter lead on 12v and your black lead on one of the wires green or blue and hit the lock button if your meter reads 12 volts then its working then test the other one
rizallionc 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2009 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
Can I use the 451M? Also can I plug that in to the brain itslf or do I have to use the negative output? My apologies for all the questions.
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2009 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
  • Yes. Why?
  • It's designed to plug into the brain, using the negative outputs.

Dis-regarding your questions, have you tried chev104275's diagnostics?

Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
rizallionc 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2009 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
chev104275 wrote:
sorry i was wrong i grabbed the install manual this morning for the 4103 and it just has negitive outputs on it     put your red meter lead on 12v and your black lead on one of the wires green or blue and hit the lock button if your meter reads 12 volts then its working then test the other one
I finally got to test it and this is what I found. Hopefully this will make sense to you.
Blue wire - nothing pressed = 1DC
Blue wire - lock button = 1DC
Blue wire - unlock button = 12DC
Green wire - nothing pressed = 3DC
Green wire - lock button = 2DC
Green wire - unlock button = 1DC
So what do you think? If I do use the 451M how do I use it and where to I connect it to?
Again my apologies for the noob questions.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2009 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
Your lock circuit isn't working.  Plugging in a 451 would make no difference assuming the orange armed output works, test it as above, leave your blue unlock wire as before, then plug a 528t timer relay on to the Orange from alarm and set it to 1 sec. That will sort your problem. Of course the best answer is a warantee repair/exchange. What make, year and model is your vehicle, it might have some bearing on why the lock circuit failed and avoiding this problem in future, also, to see if I'm right try locking your doors manually,  arming then dis-arming the Avital. This would show if I was right. The alternative to a 528t would be if you can do this.... take an aux output and programme it to work on arm, timed for 1 sec. Use that as the lock output.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic