icon

avital autostart 4103

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2009 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
Alternative to 528t, look at the question by "Lexelite" in the RELAY section and the first answer posted by "I am an Idiot" The armed output goes to 85, 12v at 1 am to 86, ground to 87 and out to locks from 30, the rest stays the same.
rizallionc 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2009 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
I just checked the ORANGE wire, I get 12DC when I arm the alarm. But when I hook up the unlock wire of the alarm to the unlock wire of the car, the OEM lock/unlock by the driver side does not work at all.
rizallionc 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2009 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Your lock circuit isn't working.  Plugging in a 451 would make no difference assuming the orange armed output works, test it as above, leave your blue unlock wire as before, then plug a 528t timer relay on to the Orange from alarm and set it to 1 sec. That will sort your problem. Of course the best answer is a warantee repair/exchange. What make, year and model is your vehicle, it might have some bearing on why the lock circuit failed and avoiding this problem in future, also, to see if I'm right try locking your doors manually,  arming then dis-arming the Avital. This would show if I was right. The alternative to a 528t would be if you can do this.... take an aux output and programme it to work on arm, timed for 1 sec. Use that as the lock output.
OK so how would I hook up my 451m since the lock/unlock circuit of the brain is no good??? Look like this is my only option. I just want to be able to lock and unlock my vehicle when I arm or disarm the alarm. HELP!
rizallionc 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2009 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
bump.... can anyone help???/
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2009 at 5:59 AM / IP Logged  

Simply, contact DEI to replace the module under warranty.

Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
rizallionc 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2009 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
loneranger wrote:

Simply, contact DEI to replace the module under warranty.

The Avital is out of warranty but I do have a new 451m and 528t on hand but dont know how to wire it correctly. Everything else works on the Avital except for the lock/unlock and that is why I need help wiring up the 451m.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic