icon

shaved doors and a viper 791xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
senorbob999 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2009 at 3:19 AM / IP Logged  
hi, i have a 2001 chevy silverado 1500 2wd extended cab. I have a viper 791xv alarm installed on it and it great but i want to upgrade my truck to a shaved door handle kit. Ive looked online (ebay and google) and almost all the kits out there require me to install a whole new alarm. I dont want to have to carry 2 remotes. the company autoloc says that i can install a shaved door handle kit on my truck with my viper 791xv. the only thing holding me back is how to hook it to the alarm. Im not a a;arm expert and i dont want to mess up my truck either. i also currently have a proximity sensor installed in my truck to 1 of the alarms channels is taken up. anyone know how i would go about wiring a shaved door kit to my 791xv? any info would be greatly apreciated.
thanx
senorbob999
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2009 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
first of all, please dont shave your door handle. it just looks ghetto. you will regret it, man.
that 1 channel you're speaking of is not a remote-function channel, you cant use that to drive anything. it's an input not output.
if you have to do it, here it is....
channel 2,4,or 5 are usable. you only need two channels to control two doors, so you have more than enough. the channel have low current output. check your install manual for wiring diagram. it doesnt matter which channel you use bc of your needed funtion. but if you want to know the specs of each channel, read the install manual.
for each door youll need a relay to drive the high current solenoid door popper. wire it in this fashion:
-85- channel input(2,4, or 5)
-86- 12v+ constant fused
-87- 12v+ constant fused
-30- 12v+ output to your solenoid.
of course, ground your other wire from solenoid.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2009 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
And if you insist on shaved doors make sure you run something like a bicycle brake cable from the solenoid pull through to say a wheel arch where you can get at it when you get the inevitable flat battery somewhere down the line.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2009 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
basically what they said is all good, but if it were me, i would use the 2nd unlock wire to activate the drivers door popper that way you dont need to sacrifice an extra channel you can just hit the unlock button once to disarm and then again to pop the drivers door. use the aux channel to pop the passenger door. and also plan to rig some sort of backup system incase your battery dies or you lose your remote or something.
senorbob999 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2009 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
thanx for the info. i still havent actually done the "shaved door" conversion on my truck yet. i havent seen any pics of what it would look like on a silverado or sierra yet, some im still debating it. thanx guys.
senorbob999
sinn 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2009 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
This is what it would look like shaved in primer ... well at least that's what mine looks like shaved doors and a viper 791xv -- posted image.
shaved doors and a viper 791xv -- posted image.
00' / Chevy / Silverado / Ecsb

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic