the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

what type of oem lock used in ford focus?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrsinger 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2009 at 3:57 AM / IP Logged  
ok, but the door triggers are put in rubber and it doesn't look like it would be easy to dismount then to connect a wire directly.. I don't want to brake a trigger. I have a 6 wires in alarms for door lock.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2009 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
Don't be stupid, you pull the inner B (and C if 5 door) to get at them.  Very easy.
mrsinger 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2009 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  
 hm... I'm not stupid, but this question might sound quite stupid to you :) what is inner B and inner C in a human language? :)
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2009 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  
OK, the A pilar (or post) is between the windscreen and front door, the B is between front and rear doors and C after rear doors, D between rear 1/4 and back window, sorry these are body shop or manufacturers terms but most installers understand, e.g. dkp = driver's kick panel which is the lower internal section between the front of the front door and the engine bay bulkhead wheel arch. Just slightly prise out the trims behind (inside), that will give you access, the stupid referennce was that it's much easier to do as I suggest than try and remove the lock striker. The problem with that vehicle is that there are a lot of wires with different functions having the same colours, think Peugeot/Citroen. Most of the door contacts are BLACK/ blue but I wouldn't bet on that without testing, as a complication, the power trunk release is BLACK / YELLOW at the switch but  on some models is the trunk trigger!  Test everything.
mrsinger 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 3:11 AM / IP Logged  
I've connected all wires, doors, trunk and hood triggers, also trunk release, but can't find door lock wires :( should be BLACK/ red and black yelow, but there's no such wires.. do you know how to detect the right ones? what I should see on these wires on multimeter when locked and unlocked?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 3:57 AM / IP Logged  
Look at my first post they are the colours, if you can't listen to what you've been told what's the point of helping you?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 4:46 AM / IP Logged  
Actually you have the US colours, European colours are ORANGE / black or BLACK/ orange for lock and GREEN/ black or BLACK/ green for unlock. Set your meter to 200 ohms setting or contnuity test, connect black probe to ground and red to each pin in the 2 right hand connectors on the gem box. Throw the latch on the door you have open and shut all the other doors.
mrsinger 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
 Actually I've read all your mesages for a few times :) It's just in many wiring diagrams BLACK/ red and BLACK / YELLOW wires are shown for lock/unlock and it was confusing, because I couldn't find any of these. And as for BLACK/ orange and BLACK/ green, I've found at least a few, that's why I was asking how to measure and find the right ones. So, if I take meter and do as you say, what should I see? I mean, if if I connect wires one by one to the ground, then doors should lock and unlock when I find the right wires? Or should I get some high or low resistance when door is locked or unlocked on these two wires?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
Try the BLACK/ orange first when you insert the probe that should lock,  as I said you throw the catch on the door where you are working then shut the other door(s) and remove the key from the ignition switch. Looking at the box sitting over the wheel arch or mounted on the kickpanel, the lockwire is to the outside plug and the unlock is the next one in. I'll get shot for this but you could quite safely use a bulbed test light such as the Snap-On one. It's quite safe.   You can even use a direct ground, having made sure that the wire you are testing is not sitting on 12v+
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,428
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
the locks should be BLACK / YELLOW - unlock   and BLACK/ red - lock   in DKP
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic