icon

ultra start glltl

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cannonja 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2009 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, I recently purchased an Ultra start alarm g11tl.  It has been hooked up for about 2 months now.  It has been working perfectly, unti today.  I went to start it remotely and it would do everything like it would start, but it would never turn over.  Then it would flash 7 blinks.  I looked it up in the manual and it said tach lock out.  I looked at the site and it said to reset the system, by on off on off on.  I did that and got the blinks and did everything by the manual.  I went to re learn the tach and never got a response from the system.  I tried both tach and tachless learning.  So, I checked all my wiring, grounds, tach wire, ing. wires, horn, everything.  Everything looks go and is tight and connected properly.  I even disconnected the module and the battery.  I still would get the 7 flashes and that was it.  The led lights on the attenna stay on when in tach mode and are off when tach wire is unplugged.  I am wondering if my module went bad or what?  By he way, the lock and unlock function properly.  Thanks for your help in advance!
shaip99 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 4:43 AM / IP Logged  

you cant program in valet mode if the light in the antenna is on it means your in valet mode also with these units the hood has to be closed for programing

as for the 7 flashes it means it cranked 3 times and didnt start tach needs to be reprogramed your right

push you foot on the brake  turn on the car and push and hold the programing button on the antenna till the park lights flash twice that will program your tach

*************first you need to take it out of valet mode***********************

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd
all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive
music."-Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc.
shaip99 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 4:47 AM / IP Logged  

also depending on the car which you never mentioned by the way it could be a bypass problem as well if the bypass isnt working and it fails to start 3 times this will happen as well

cannonja 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, the car is a 91 honda accord, so there is no bypass for it.  As far as the led lights being on, I might the two smaller lights on the top of the ant.  The led for valet is in the middle.  I did actually check to make sure that is wasn't in valet mode, because I know that everything will work, but the remote start in this mode.  When I did the main led came on after holding the program button for 10 secs or so, then I took it back out of valet mode.  I don't think that is tried to start three times.  My wife used it last wed. and said it worked fine.  That was the last time it was tried, until I did it yesterday.  Also, I didn't hook up the hood pin switch when I installed.  I couldn't find a good location, just figured if I was working under the hood, then I would put in valet mode.  As far as tach re learn, do I hold the brake the entire time?  I tried both, but I will try again.  I messed with it about 1 and a half last night, but will mess with it again today.  I also should add that before I reset the system, when I would hit the button, the seat belts would go back(like normal), dash lights would come on, and do everything light it was going to start, and then right when it would normally turn the car over, I think I heard the module itself click. I might add, that I did check all fuses, and ground, all connections, tach.  Thanks for your help and I will post anything new.
cannonja 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I found out the problem was the starter wire. I used the t-taps, and now I see why so many people are against them, at least for the 12 gauge wire. Anyway, got a good conection at the starter wire, and it fired right up. Thanks everyone who responded!
Thanks,
John
shaip99 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  

you should always solder your connections

t-taps have a nasty way of breaking wires they are horrible to use for remote starters or any electonics for that matter

they dont make a solid connection and will lead to many intermitant problems with your remote start fuctionality

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic