icon

06 escalade rr lights not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ikillrinst 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2009 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  

was working fine in the morning, parked the car at bus stop and when i came home i noticed when i auto started the truck that the RR llights were not on, I checked blinkers, they work. I checked brake lights and reverse lights and they work.... But with headlights on there should be 3 lights illuminated in the light and I have none... I am thinking headlight switch? But I don't know and thats what brings me here... I checked all fuses and they are fine, none blown. I don't want to take it to a shop and get ripped off.

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2009 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
what makes you think you'll get ripped off. paying to have things done by professionals who know how to do things you obviously cant is not a rip off, thats how the world works. was this an install done by the place you think will rip you off? if so and they are a reputable place of business, they should take care of the problem for you with no charge (provided it really is actually their fault). if it's not a reputable place of business, well.........shame on you for going there in the first place.
Ikillrinst 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2009 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
CK,  I am glad you were able to come here and blow off a little bit of steam, Now seek help, or get a girl friend. Frustration will get the best of you
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2009 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  

i fail to see how my questions were letting off any steam, or frustrating. they are simply questions. 06 escalade rr lights not working -- posted image.

maybe you are reading somthing into my post thats not there?

at any rate lets start over. what other info can you give to make it more possible to help? do you know what was installed? model/brand ect.? that would be a help.

Ikillrinst 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2009 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
If you could not help with the situation, then I feel there was no need to respond to the post. Especially in the manor you did.. Seemed like an insult... But anyway It is a factory vehicle. Factory lights and all. I know you electronics gurus know alot about the wiring of cars is why i was asking here. Or maybe perhaps someone has come across a similar situation and can point me in the right direction. I am far from a newbie when it comes to cars, engines, bodywork, even alarms and stereos. I am a jack of all master of none. Given the right info I can do anything. by getting ripped off i was referring to Cadillac.. Not Installers!!
Ikillrinst 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2009 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
CK, your right, I may have let my day get in the way and read more into your post. for that I apologize.. Thanks for looking past it..
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2009 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  

no problem, rereading it i can see how it would come off that way and i would edit it but i am unable. i also was asuming (my bad) that this was not a factory system but an aftermarket one installed that the shop should rightly warrantee. nothing gripes me more than shops that do shoddy work and then wont warrantee it and the poor customer is the one who gets shafted, i feel for those customers. i dont think there is a single soul on this forum with those ethics however. i also know that things can happen, and it really gripes me as well when a cutomer will not give the shop a chance to "make it right" even when they are totally willing to do so.

do you by chance know if this is a "factory remote start" or possibly an aftermarket one that was just installed by the dealer? do you have a pic of the remote possibly?

Ikillrinst 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2009 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
it is a Code Alarm CPL MMRS, u think it may be the alarm?  I thought it was just something with the car itself
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2009 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
well, not sure yet, but it really helps to have as much info as possible to help narrow down things. i know this may sound stupid, but have you checked the bulb itself yet?
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2009 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
the reason i ask is because you stated when remote started the RR light is not on, but on with turn and brake. turn and brake are on a seperate element inside the same bulb as the parklight. does it only do it when remote started or also when the parklights are just turned on normally. (knowing little details like that will also help to know if its the truck or remote start)
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic