icon

06 escalade rr lights not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ikillrinst 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2009 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
happens even when lights are turned on normally. Checked all fuses, tried new bulbs in all sockets, top bulb is blinker and lights, middle is brake and lights, and then there is the small marker bulb. so, top bulb blinks with blinker, middle works with brakes, marker works with blinker. but none will light with headlights... lower bulb is reverse and that works also.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2009 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
ok, this is going to be a problem with the car not remote start. with you DMM remove the light assy so you can get to the wires at the back sides of the sockets. you have a good ground at the sockets because the lights work with turn and brake. my guess is that somewhere between the parklight relay and that RR light assy you have an "open" in the wire. if you can try to test the parklight wires going into the sockets for voltage and if you dont get any you will know this is whats happening. you can try to keep tracing the wire back into the vehicle until you find a spot where you have voltage again and repair the wire, or, some people would just prefer to run a new piece from the light assy to a known good parklight wire and solder into it, which may be easier depending on where its broken at and if its hard to get to or not. you could possibly pick up the parklight voltage from the other side and run a new wire over. you may never know, it could be something as simple as a pin got pushed out of a connector because of not being lined up with the other side when being built and it was just shoved together anyway (silly GM products) and finally just wiggled loose and came out of the plug. but thats what i say it is, an "open circuit". now you just have to do a little hunting.
Ikillrinst 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2009 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Bro, it is raining here today and My Capri lives in the garage so i have to wait out the rain... I know both tail lights dont run all the way forward. wires must run up one side and then cross over to the other, hopefully they run up the drivers and cross to the passenger, which would mean my bad wire should be easier to find. if that infact is the issue. I will let you know how i do... be in touch and thank you again for your time... please leave thread open for now
Ikillrinst 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2009 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  

Ckeeler,

I traced the wire from the left tail light to a junction box under the quarter behind the wheel... I pulled off the plug for that tail light and the pins were rusted, one even fell off. so i am guessing that is my problem.. Now i just have to find out if this is dealer item or can i get it in an auto parts store...

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2009 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

oh ok, if you can take a really good picture of the plug and pins and post it i can tell you if its dealer or not and if its not i can possibly even give you the Carquest part numbers for the pins and connector body.

Ikillrinst 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2009 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
CK, i picked up the part from the dealer. $22 my cost, not too bad, took all of 5 minutes to replace.. Thanks for helping me out... I will be looking for you next electrical problem i have... lol
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic