icon

how to have a car audio sound off.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cglovesaly 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2009 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  

Hello. my name is clarence and I Live in St.albert. Me and my friend want to have a car audio sound off. Dont know if its going to be a sucess or not. hope it is. Today went to local police station and talked to peace officer.  Have to get a permit and what not. Have to get approved first. he was saying a couple ways to get approved was have it a charity event. thats a good idea. Dont know if any one will pay to enter. I was jutst going to do a free entry and just see how loud ppls systems are. I want this to be sucessfull I just dont know how to go about it or get attraction.  I have to get a decible reader. Now would you have to have the trunk open or closed. Any tips or advice to make this a success? Thank you for reading this..

~Clarence~

cg
elpumpe 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2009 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged  
In my few SPL competitions it is always best to have the trunk closed.  The object is to create as much sound pressure as possible inside the car.  The meter usually goes on the front windhsield passengers side.  If the air is escaping through the trunk then thats less pressure to hit the meter.  wierd thing you will discover that some bass frequencies cant really be heard but will up the SPL.  Example I had 4 orion extreme 12's in my blazer and with what i consider deep bass notes hit about 129 dbl  but as it higher notes that dont sound that loud to my ears actually took me to about 160 dbl.  as for as charity find a shelter to raise money for or check with the police department and see if they have a community outreach you could raise money for or maybe abused children shelter.  There is always McDonalds house as well but not local.  As for the entrance fee just make it a donation based thing and youll be surprised how much you will collect.  Good Luck !
cglovesaly 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2009 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
hey Elpumpe. thank you so much. that will really helpme. now do you kno where i can get a decible reader. does it have to be a  specific one or any decible reader? I dont know how much those wud cost. thank u again .
cg
elpumpe 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2009 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  

id just search the internet for someone selling the spl meter and as far as brands i really dont know, anyone should be good. 

cglovesaly 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2009 at 2:17 AM / IP Logged  
thank you i will search for one . might check local  stores too.
cg
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
cglovesaly 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2009 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
thank you. $630. im going to price around and come back to that one.
cg
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 01, 2009 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
You may be able to rent one.  I was just letting you know the manufacturer name so you would know what to look for.
johngutillo 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2009 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
lmaoooo you guys are funny wall mart has one for 15 bucks ,, its made for car audio man,,,, $630......... lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
johngutillo 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2009 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4694329
sorry i forgot to post the link thier it is
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic