sound creation or custom autosound?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
juvius 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2009 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  
here's what i got so far...
with black wire to ground and red wire to 12v the radio powers up. the background is lit, but no display... keeping the above connected and adding the orange wire to 12v, the display comes on.
keeping the 3 above wires hooked up to my jump pack, i tested the wires with the meter and got the following numbers:
violet = 063
grey = 063
green = 060
brown = 060
blue = 000
white = 000
juvius 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2009 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

Try powering the orange wire too.  Place a 1 amp fuse in line with the orange wire.  If this makes the unit light up,  you need to turn the volume all the way down and set the meter to DC Volts, ground the black lead to the chassis of the radio and touch the red lead to each of the wires.  Post the voltage readings here.

thanks for educating me.... i appreciate it. i got the wires all fingered out...
Red-------------12v ignition (switched)
Orange----------12v Memory (bat. constant)
Black------------Ground
Green------------Left Front Speaker +
Blue-------------Left Front & Left Rear Speaker -
Brown-----------Left Rear Speaker +
Gray------------Right Front Speaker +
White-----------Right Front & Right Rear    
Speaker -
Purple-----------Right Rear Speaker +
juvius 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2009 at 1:48 AM / IP Logged  
i just thought of another question.... the answer may be as obvious as i think, but i want to make sure since i'm not very familiar with common ground speaker hook ups...
since it's an older car and i'm only using one speaker up from in the center of the dash and two in the rear, is there a certain way to hook up the speakers?
thanks again
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 10, 2009 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged  
With the single speaker in the dash, it kind of defeats the whole "Stereo Effect" There is a company that makes dual voice coil speakers for this purpose. We will sometimes fab a plate to install 2 4 inch drivers in place of a 4 x 10 or 2 3.5s in place of a 5 x 7s. If you had a newer radio, with high power output, there is a way to get both channels of information to one speaker. With what you have, I would connect the center as front right, so at least from your seat along with the pair in the back, you will have a bit of stereo separation.
This is not the same company I was looking for But they too have the speakers
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic