icon

hifonics brutus 1210d

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  

ok I put the negativ on the negative and the positive on the positive and full excursion on both subs. I checked my gain setting with the dmm and I have 45.6 volts im not sure how many watts rms this would be but I thought at 1ohm 30  watts would give you about 900 watts. this amp must be a beast I hear no distortion when bas hits nice and clean. It does hit pretty hard I just thought I would get more punch out of this. it just seem the passenger sub only does not have full excursion at certian hz while the driver sub has good excursion I think it has to be in the enclosure. any thoughts

when i tested the load on the subs that should be at 1 ohm my dmm registered at 1.8 ohms

ragsports 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
Did you check to see if both coils are functioning properly? You may have previously burned up one of the coils on the subwoofer with less excursion.. Make sure one coil isent fried. you can do this buy just hooking the coils up one at a time and seeing if the subwoofer will play, or just measure the resistance with a ohm meter, they should read around 4 ohms for each seperate coil.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
If the subwoofers sound different with it wired the way you have it now than it was not wired in parallel from the beginning.
Doesn't matter if you run two sets of wires to the amp or one...there is no difference if it is a 1 ohm load.   Besides the lower resistance with two sets of wire. But that is negligible.
Custom Enclosure Design
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
wheelerdr wrote:
when i tested the load on the subs that should be at 1 ohm my dmm registered at 1.8 ohms

Your meter measures the DC resistance of the voice coils. Impedance is an AC measurement. 1.8 does seem more like a reading of 3 4ohm coils (1.66). You may have an open voice coil on the passenger speaker.
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
will check all 4 coils and get back with you. Could this just be the enclosure sinc if i move the driverside sub to the passenger side spot it will do the same thing. And my amp sound better when I wired them that way I set the gain to 30volts. with a 50 hz 0 db sine wave. It seems to hit alot harder at 45 volts but I was told from local shop that 30 volts is 900 watts and that is just about right for my subs. I have no bass boost on or bass eq all is at 0. sound clear just not as loud as I think it should be. Maybe im just trying to compar this system to my 2005 chevy caviler that i had with a rockford fosgate p3 dual 2 ohm wired at 1 ohm with a kenwood excelon 811d at 1 ohm. that rattted everything within 10 feet of the car.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic