icon

which 12’s should i get?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
whitemike0110 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  
I want you advise for which 12's i should get.
I have a mtx thunder 1000.2 but when wired to 1 ohm each channel is 750rms and when bridged at 2 ohms it's 1500rms.
So basically subs in between 100-750 watts RMS
Price range 450$ for pair.
I'm thinking of maybe getting w3's JL what do you guys tihnk
Thanks for any and all advise
Mike
Hello.
whitemike0110 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  
What about those circle kicker solobarric does anything have experiance with them. Or i was thinking maybe the Eclipse Aluminum..I dont know i need some help deciding thanks guys
Hello.
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 3:17 AM / IP Logged  
W3's have produced some of the loudest bass I've heard. Cant go wrong with those. I usually pick brands that specialize on the type of equipment. Diamond Audio subs are my favorite I think.
This is what I do for FUN!
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
Instead of jumping the gun and just arbitrarily recommending subwoofers, I'll ask you what type of music you listen to and how much space do you have to sacrifice for the subwoofer enclosure??
Also can your electrical system handle 1500 watts rms??
What type of bass response are you wanting??
Custom Enclosure Design
whitemike0110 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
Rap music is primarily what i'd be listening to. I have a deep cycle battery so yes my car should be fine,
but i dont think it'd want the full 1500 watts for sure.
I think i'd want it to be about 1000 so i can do 500 per channel.
I already have a nice big sealed box that's why i'd be going for some 12's. but i dont know for sure.
Maybe just 1 15"...the the Fi BL i was thinking about or the RE SX 15. My friend had two 12 BL's and didndt even have 1000w to each of them and that doodie hit so hard.
Hello.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
Big sealed box?? Did you just randomly build a big sealed box to fit in the space available??
I wouldn't suggest going around buying subs throwing them into a large random sized sealed enclosure.
Also BLs are not sealed box subwoofers so if you did install them in your enclosure they would sound like crap.
Custom Enclosure Design
MikeHusain 
Copper - Posts: 139
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  
I have had experience with the latest W3 model subwoofers and they sound really nice but didnt give me that punch I was looking for.  I currently have 2-12inch kicker L7's and they give me more than enough SPL that I was looking for but lack SQ.  I don't regret getting these subs but I think I will eventually jump back to the JL's, maybe the W6'sV2. (a bit expensive though).  If sound quality is what your looking for, with the right enclosure, I would recommend the W3's. 
whitemike0110 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
aznboi3644 wrote:
Big sealed box?? Did you just randomly build a big sealed box to fit in the space available??
I wouldn't suggest going around buying subs throwing them into a large random sized sealed enclosure.
Also BLs are not sealed box subwoofers so if you did install them in your enclosure they would sound like crap.
It's not like a HUGE box, and i know BL's dont play in sealed. That's why i said one 15 i would get a new box. I mean, thanks for your concern for it sounding like s%#% but the only advise im really looking for is a good set of 12's
Hello.
lil evo 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  

I think what aznboi3644 is saying is that you don't just throw any speaker in any old box. Each driver has it's own special properties, and if you throw the speaker in a box that is ill-fitting, whether it's a sealed, ported, bandpass, whatever. If a box it too big or too small, ported incorrectly, sealed impoperly, etc, you can easily kill a speaker. Point being, you want a speaker to sound great and give you years of reliable performance, do your homework.

whitemike0110 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah and i apprecaite the advise, but if they didn't sound good in the box i have i would obviously buy one that suits them.
I guess i shouldnt of even included that in my post. and i didn't mean for it to sound like that but i guess i'm just more curious to what set of 12's is my best choice.
Hello.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic