finding the right disarm wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I'm installing a 1400xp Python remote starter in a 2009 Honda CRV. I'm almost done, and the car starts and everything, it just sets off the factory alarm when it does.
I hooked up the light green wire with the black stripe from the unit to the "brown" wire in the car (in the driver's kick), which I thought was the disarm wire, but apparently I have the wrong wire. Is there a way to check this wire the same way you can check other wires? Should it show a certain voltage when the car is armed compared to when it's disarmed?
Any help would be great!
1400xp install guide
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
finding the right disarm wire -- posted image.Alarm DisarmBROWN(-)AT DRIVER WINDOW CONTROL SWITCH

Audiovox shows it at the window switch.  I know that on some Honda vehicles you have to run a wire into the door.  It is not in the kick panel.  Your car I do not know about. 

In order to test the wire, set your meter to DC volts, connect the red lead to a known good 12 volt source.  Touch and hold the black lead to the wire in question, Unlock the door with the key or the factory key fob.  If you have the correct wire, your meter should briefly read 12 volts. 

cpalmer 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
Brown in the drivers door harness, you don't have to get in the door
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
You will test it by turning the key In the drivers door key cylinder. When you turn the key to the unlock position, it will show ground.
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
Awesome...thanks for the replies guys...I got it. Turns out I did have the right wire. The problem was that I had disconnected a few harnesses while installing, so when I plugged them back in I had to enter the code on the radio. Until then, the alarm kept going off when I started the car, even with the key.
Just one follow-up question. I was going to also hook up the "H2/2 factory rearm wire" so it will rearm the alarm when the car is remotely running. It says I need to use a relay in the same way that I used a relay for the "factory alarm disarm" setup. Can I use the same relay since I'm also sending a (-) signal here, too, or can I get away without using a relay since it's sending a (-) pulse? Or is this one of those situations where the pulse the remote starter is sending isn't strong enough?
Thanks again for the help!
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  

Alarm ArmPINK(-)IN HARNESS IN DRIVER KICKPANEL TO DOOR

NO you will not use same relay...I think you could just go wire to wire...but might as well do a relay to ensure signal is strong enough...

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, roger that. I figured it couldn't hurt to double-check ;)
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
Oh well, I tried but couldn't get the rearm to work. I used the pink wire like it said, but it wouldn't re-arm the factory alarm. Then I realized the wiring sheet I had said it was a light green wire. I tried that one and it still wouldn't arm the factory alarm. What's strange is when the car is armed and I use the 1400xp remote to unlock and lock the car, it disarms and arms it fine. If I use the factory fob to disarm/unlock it, though, and then use the 1400xp remote to lock/arm it, it won't arm it. It seems to "know" that I used the factory fob first :)
cpalmer 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
The arm wire in that car should be Lt. Green in the door harness with the disarm wire. It will go negative while turning the key in the door.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
how were you checking factory security...usually like a 15-45 second arm period...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic