python 990

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vjw757 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
You have to bypass the VATS system. Search this site for GM vehicles, same year.
ive got a race chip with the vats turned off.
vjw757 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
On the remote start harness I've got:
Purple      starter side starter wire
Green       key side starter wire
Red        12V constant input
Orange      accessory output
Red        12V constant input
Pink        ignition output
RED / White   12V constant input
Pink/White 2nd ignition output
Do i have to connect both reds and the RED / white together on the constant 12V?
vjw757 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
what the book says
( Hl/I0 WHITE/ BLUE remote start (oj activation input)
This input comes from the factory set to 2 activation pulses. This means that it is necessary to have 2 consecuŽtive ground pulses on the WHITE/ blue wire for the remote start to activate or to deactivate. The same holds true for the remote control activation when set to a two pulse setting it is necessary to press the (i) button twice for the remote start to activate or deactivate.
NOTE: When the activation pulse count can be programmed to 1, 2, or 3 pulses when changed it will affect both activation inputs; the WHITE/ Blue wire and the remote control activation.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
WHITE/ blue not used in this instance, connect 2 reds and RED / white to the battery. nMake sure you have a good solid ground. Programme the tach.
vjw757 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  
I didnt look up the tach wire. I didnt think it would stop the starting from trying to start. Im going to try to find this wire and hook it up.
vjw757 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  
the book said the wire should be between 1 and 6 volts ac. every wire iv tested by the coil is at least 10 volts. any clues?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  
Is there a single coil or are there plug packs? Have you tried  this with the key in the ignition? Remember I'm not at all familiar with this vehicle.
vjw757 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
i found the wire. attached to the distributor. I had the unit learn the tach and still nothing. Im stummped right now. everything thing else works. the alarm, keyless entry. .... Now if i could just get this remote start to work ill be all set.
The thing that gets me is ... the ignition is suppose to turn on first (guages and lights come on and stuff) and then attemp to start. But Nothing is happening at all when i hit the star button twice or ever three times. Ive check voltage on all the wires.
vjw757 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
When i got the race chip i had the vats turned off. Ive tried it with the key in, key in and ignition turned on, and no key... i get nothing
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
OK, swince I'm at least three thousand miles away, we'll have to do this the hard way....Get your meter out and test every output of the R/S to make sure igns acc and start are all giving at least 12.6 volts, also are you pressing the star button on your rmote twice in quick succession?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic