icon

Viper 5901 Remote Start Error, 8 Flashes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 03, 2009 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  

if the Toggle switch is not installed the unit will NOT WORK, period... it will flash and give a NSS error... the toggle switch is a loop... and the brain needs to see that loop closed....

so if you are lazy and decide not to use the toggle "safety" switch... it will not work....

also, if you decide not to ground the BLACK/ white wire since you are using the toggle switch it also will NOT WORK.....   the new gen of units require seeing the toggle switch installed and set to ON and the NSS wire grounded in order to allow a remote start attempt....

both of these are lessons i learned the hard way....as in 30 minutes of troubleshooting a problem that didn't actually exist....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
sargon69er 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2009 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
I just got a viper installed 5901 and the right door the alarm work when you try to get in but it does not try to page me...on the remote but the drivers door works fine and hood ...going back to the installer next week but trying to help him out...
grt
benz_pusher 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  

hey guys I need help, I have a carvox 2300c but lost the installation booklet that came with it, can anyone help me find a link where i can download the module or booklet?

Just Be
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2009 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
kgerry wrote:

if the Toggle switch is not installed the unit will NOT WORK, period... it will flash and give a NSS error... the toggle switch is a loop... and the brain needs to see that loop closed....

so if you are lazy and decide not to use the toggle "safety" switch... it will not work....

also, if you decide not to ground the BLACK/ white wire since you are using the toggle switch it also will NOT WORK.....   the new gen of units require seeing the toggle switch installed and set to ON and the NSS wire grounded in order to allow a remote start attempt....

both of these are lessons i learned the hard way....as in 30 minutes of troubleshooting a problem that didn't actually exist....

i just swapped someones 791xv for a 5901 and had that same problem only to realize 30 min later that i was missing the NS switch with the plug because we used it for something else a week ago. so since i had it programmed for voltage checking i just used the tach jumper and jumped the pins where the NSS plug should go. worked just fine.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic