icon

engine noise

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 07, 2009 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
All of the symptoms you are listing are the same exact symptoms of not having ground on the shield of the RCA cables.  If you put the fuses when you soldered the wires to the RCAs, you need to check the fuses.  Also use your meter and perform the test on the top of the page that showed you how to repair it.
snhtown 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2009 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
is there any chance the grounding and the radio might be messed up? im going to buy some fuses tomorow or  the day after and see what happens....
i am an idiot 
Posted: June 09, 2009 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged  
Also you said you grounded every RCA, how is your radio configured, is there 4 mounted to back of radio and 2 on a short cable?  Or are all 6 mounted to back of radio?   If all 6 mounted, you should only ground 1 of them.  If 4 and 2, you should ground one of the 4 and one of the 2.  Grounding all 6 could be causing a ground loop.
snhtown 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2009 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
the radio has frnt and sub mounted on the back and the rears on small wires sticking out. i only have the rcas for the front grounded.
snhtown 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2009 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  

instead of screwing into a ground on the radio can i just directly solder to the metel of the radio?

i am an idiot 
Posted: June 09, 2009 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
It is not that easy to solder to the case of the radio.  If you remove the top cover of the deck and locate the Tuner assembly, it is very easy to solder to the tuner. 
snhtown 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2009 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
tonight i had a little extra time so i hooked up a differnt amp from the 3 i am using. it is a ppi amp. now, i am thinking the problem is a combination of the ground traces on the 3 amps and the grounding for the rca's.  when i hooked the ppi amp up and ran the car i still hear some noise but no where as loud as before,  if i remove the grounding for the rca's the noise gets very loud but not as loud as before. hopefully in the next few days when i have more time to mess around ill let you know what i experiance. im still thinking there might be something wrong with the radio or something because when i turn the volume from 0 to 1 i will hear like a click lick noise on the speakers, do you think this is because of the grouding on the rca's or the ground traces?
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2009 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
well you do have a pioneer radio and pioneers are notorious for having noise problems so my guess is that they are both messed up
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic