icon

remote start does not work

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
namyenruoj 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2009 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged  
1998 Rav4, 2 door installing this viper 5901. the wiring diagram from H3 harness. where do you connect the pink/white flex relay and pink/black flex relay contact 87a to the car wiring harness. i remember i don't have anything connected from the ignition 2 (BLACK/ white).
also from H1 harness do you have to hook up the WHITE/ blue remote start activation and where? this is the last thing i have to do the remote start. almost anything works.
-arm and disarm, 1-chirp and 2 chirps respectively
-lock and unlock upon arming and disarming
-park light flashes
-interior dome light turns on after disarming for 30 seconds
-remote start not complete with 7 chirps
any suggestion would be appreciated
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2009 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
Those have a BLACK/ white that needs ground to remote start.I think its BLACK/ white ,it is the neutral safety wire. Also have you connected to tach in car or are you going tach-less. What ever option you chose make sure you changed it in programming. I believe those have Virtual tach as default...also you need to change it from manual to automatic transmission in programming.
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
namyenruoj 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2009 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
thanks. i connected that BLACK/ white for the neutral safety wire to my emergency brake which is grounded if you apply the hand brake because I have a manual transmission that what it says in the manual book. I also connected the violet/white tach input to the black wire in the white plug at the ignition coil on the driver side of the motor. I also did the Tach learning as well and the LED lit up constantly after 3 sec when the engine started running. what about those pink/white and pink/black wires from the H3 harness, also the WHITE/ blue remote start activation from H1 harness maybe because these wires has to be hooked up that's why it's not starting up.
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
Ignition 1          BLACK/ WHITE          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS SMALL GAUGE WIRE          
Ignition 2          BLUE / YELLOW          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS SMALL GAUGE WIRE          
Accessory 1          BLUE/RED          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS SMALL GAUGE WIRE          
Starter 1          RED (AUTO)          (+)          OR BLK/GRY DOTS STANDARD IGN HARNESS
Pink from viper to ignition 1
Pink/White from Viper to Ignition 2
Orange from Viper to Accessory 1
Purple and Green to Starter 1 (cut the wire, green to key side, purple to starter side)
have you done the start process correctly? with the car running with the key in the ignition, foot on the brakes, engage the e-brake, let off the foot brake, perform a remote start takeover (whatever many button presses you have programmed to do remote start), the remote start should then kick on, turn ignition off and remove key (vehicle should still be running from remote start), exit vehicle and shut all doors, press the arm button on the remote (remote start should shut down). now the remote start is in the ready mode as long as you don't open a door. try and remote start
namyenruoj 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2009 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
so the pink with black don't need to hook? and so the white with blue.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2009 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  

This is from another post on the 5901...

Ignition 1 Input/Output (+)(Pink):

Ignition wire from ignition harness
Fused (30A) Ignition 2/Flex Relay Input 87 (+)(RED / White):
12V Constant from ignition harness
Accessory Output (+)(Orange):
Accessory 1 Wire from Ignition harness
Starter Output (Starter Side)(Violet):
Starter Output (Key Side)(Green):
Fused (30A) Ignition 1 Input (+)(Red):
12V constant from ignition harness
Ignition 2 / Flex relay Output (+)(Pink/White):
To 2nd ignition
Flex Relay Input 87a (Key Side)(+)(RED / Black): 
Fused (30A) Accessory/Starter Input (+)(RED / Black):
12V constant from ignition harness

You are doing the manual take-over sequence before shutting car off...? Parking brake is up...?

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
namyenruoj 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2009 at 1:59 AM / IP Logged  
i can not do the manual take over yet because my car won't do the remote start yet. i'm still confused about those pink/white and pink/black wires from the heavy gauge wire. i connected the pink/white to my ignition2 which is BLACK/ white from my ignition harness is this right, but when i do the remote start it gives out an error with 7 clicks from the unit i had been trying this for a week now and still i can't make it work. i followed most of it from your notes above but i did not hook up the pink/black flex relay input 87a to anything.should i use it? where should i hook it up?
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
no you don't need to connect the pink/black to anything nor the WHITE/ blue. can you do a remote start takeover?
namyenruoj 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2009 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for being patient "jaggerwild".
I tried the car first thing today as I mentioned. Finally it worked now. thanks again for all your help specially you and Mr. LEE
Like I mentioned before I did the manual shutdown according to the instruction, I am very happy because while the car is running I press this remote start button and from my remote it says remote start on and when I turned the ignition OFF the car still running, I exit the door and arm the car. then the car shut off. I can be able to do this before my big problem was I didn't know that I have to wait for a little while before you can be able to remote start the car i guess the unit has to prepare or resets itself first.
Now I have another issue which I noticed. the unit tries to start the car at least few times and it did not. so I tried it again, the unit tries again but when i depress my clutch pedal the car finally "STARTED". Is there a way of bypassing this clutch pedal because I can not remotely start the car outside unless I'm inside and pressing the clutch pedal
sweetcoupe 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
ive ran into the same issue. Im assuming i will have to use a gwr wire to bypass the clutch but the manual never mentions this. did you get anywhere with your vehicle?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic