icon

94 honda civic door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2009 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
so i did a compustar 3000m alarm/remote start this weekend in a 94 honda civic ex and im having a problem with the power door unlock. The car is stock with power door locks. so the compustar has a (-) door lock out put and the civic has (-) door locks. i hook up the lock to green /white wire under the dash and it works great. here comes the problem.... I hook up the unlock wire to the RED / green wire and the doors unlock when i touch the wires together and then it will not unlock the doors. the switch to unlock the doors stops working.. How can i get the unlock to work. Do i have to switch the polarity of the wire and do to a different wire? If so what wire would i be going to ? Any help would be greatly appreicated! THANKS!
Ryan
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 01, 2009 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  

I hook up the unlock wire to the RED / green wire and the doors unlock when i touch the wires together and then it will not unlock the doors. the switch to unlock the doors stops working..

Are you using a meter of any kind?  Obviously the wrong wire.....

find a GREEN/ red, not RED / green.

lucasoil4u 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2009 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
yes i am using a meter and sorry it was the GREEN/ red. the vehicle wiring diagram on this site says that is the right wire. it test correctly. it was part of the 2 pin connector that was taped to the back of the fuse box. do i need to convert the polarity and do the unlock to the door lock controller box? ok so that you know if you take the wire from the unlock and put it on the lock side it will lock the door. Is the brain box bad?
lucasoil4u 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2009 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
when i switch the wires the lock side of the switch will not work and the unlock side will .. IS THE BRAIN BAD?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2009 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
Disconnect the unit from the locks and check that both alarm wires go to ground when you press the lock and unlock on your remote.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2009 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like you have the correct wires, have you tried two inline diodes, on occasions i've had this happen a pair of 1N4001 series diodes, bars bacing towards alarm always seemed to do the trick, this may also happen if your grounding is poor, just so you know, if all fails well, we''ll assist you in troubleshooting.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
lucasoil4u 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2009 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
where can i get the diodes from? are those radio shack part numbers? i grounded the alarm to metal of the car i can try to move the ground to see if it works. Thanks for the help.
lucasoil4u 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
im gonna try moving the ground and im gonna try to diode isolate the wires if i can find some diodes. do i cut the wire and solder it inline to connect the wire back together where i cut it? i have never had to use a diode before. The help would be appreciated...
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
where you have the lock/unlock wire connected to the wires in the car, if you have not soldered the connection yet, undo the connection and insert the diodes between both wires, band facing towards the power lock wires of the alarm. of course this is going with the theory you have verified that the lock/unlock trigger wires are the correct ones.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
lucasoil4u 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2009 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
so i tried the diodes today so that did not work. i need to get this car done. I do not know what the hell the problem is. Its really starting to bother me. The alarm came out of an integra and it had the compustar relay pack in it. I dont know what the deal was but the unlock doesnt work now and the customer really isnt happy. One more question on the shock sensor what is more sensitive the 1 or the 10? Where can i put the wires if i convert it to a positive output. What wires would i hook it up to is more the question. Thanks
Ryan... im starting to HATE compustar! I love DEI alarms staring to HATE COMPUSTAR!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic