icon

eclipse head units

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2009 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
My brother-in-law has been looking at getting some good gear for his car, he is figuring about 10-15 grand. He has been looking at JL 12W7 using ARC signature amps.
He really likes my old school Bostons I have the old rally 5 1/4 components.
I have just been undecided on what deck for him, I have always liked Eclipse that is what I have running in my wife's car deck and amp all of it from several years back! It still sounds really good. At this point he does not care about video but who knows that might change.
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2009 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
At some point I would like to get a new HU for my wife since the knob on my Eclipse stopped working. So I have had to adjust the sound by using the amps variable crossover and bass adjustments. That proved to be tricky! Since I have the amp mounted in the trunk. Good times there!
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 07, 2009 at 2:28 AM / IP Logged  
Well I got the 7200 installed in my car today and it seems to work just fine. The only thing that didn't work was the steering wheel control adapter. Unfortunately I didn't have time to diagnose the problem. But it sounds really good on the right side speaker I had time to install today as well. Now to find time to put in the left speaker..........
shortancrazy2 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2010 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
i have an eclipse cd5423 head unit.when i turn it on it says sec help,7b800994 what do i have to do to get it to work
adam
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2010 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
shortancrazy2 wrote:
i have an eclipse cd5423 head unit.when i turn it on it says sec help,7b800994 what do i have to do to get it to work
I can guarantee you that it is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that anybody here can help you with. You MUST take the deck to an authorized dealer, WITH your receipt, and they will ship it back to them for unlocking.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic