viper 5901 alarm going off after arming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeraldobunkster 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2009 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
Hey all,
I recently purchased and had installed a Viper 5901 by an authorized retailer into my 2005 Focus ZX3 with a manual transmission. I am asking my question here to hopefully be able to fix myself, and I always forget to call when I'm at work. Plus, to take it to the shop is and hour and half away.
Heres the problem:
After arming the car in either the shutdown manual mode, or regular arming, the alarm will 3 out of 5 times go off within the first 5 mins of arming. Sometimes it will be the soft warn away chirp, and sometimes it will be a full blown alarm. The display is saying it is the shock sensor (which appears everytime). I have the sensor set at like level 8 or 9, which still takes a pretty decent hit of the car for it the alarm to go off.
Any clues to why this is happening?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
The shock sensor in that is internal to the brain, right?
Anyway, even if it doesn't seem like it's too senstive, maybe it still is.
I would say the first thing to do would be to turn it way, way down, and see if the problem goes away......if it still does it, then you could start thinking about the brain being defective, or maybe it's not mounted in a good spot.
So anyway, if it stops falsing after that, I would say every day or two, go back into programming and raise the sensitivity just a couple of notches at a time........just a little every couple of days like that.
When it eventually starts falsing again, you know you've made it too senstitive again. Back down a level or two, leave it like that.....that's probably the highest you'll be able to set it for your car/neighborhood/other factors etcetera.
jeraldobunkster 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  

bump.

Forgot to add. After the alarm goes off like described, and I arm once again when turning off the alarm, it won't do it again so its not a totally random occurence. Only happens within the first 5 mins of arming then not again.

jeraldobunkster 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2009 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
bump for more opinions
jeraldobunkster 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2009 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  
nobody?
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2009 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  

Chris Luongo wrote:
The shock sensor in that is internal to the brain, right?
Anyway, even if it doesn't seem like it's too senstive, maybe it still is.
I would say the first thing to do would be to turn it way, way down, and see if the problem goes away......if it still does it, then you could start thinking about the brain being defective, or maybe it's not mounted in a good spot.
So anyway, if it stops falsing after that, I would say every day or two, go back into programming and raise the sensitivity just a couple of notches at a time........just a little every couple of days like that.
When it eventually starts falsing again, you know you've made it too senstitive again. Back down a level or two, leave it like that.....that's probably the highest you'll be able to set it for your car/neighborhood/other factors etcetera.

Have you adjusted the shock sensor as posted...Change location of brain...? Stated might be a defective brain...Take back to the shop and see if they can put in another and see if problem occurs...It did this ever since it was originally installed?

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 09, 2009 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  

Un plug the shock, then test!

Arm it and see what happens.

jeraldobunkster 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2009 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

from what I understand, the shock sensor is built into the brain on this model so I don't think I could unplug and test.
As far as turning the sensor down I have done that, and it is set pretty low right now to the point where a good hit with my hand won't even set it off.
I'm thinking it might be a brain related issue, as I have read that they can be defective from time to time from the factory, and realized that when they tried 3 PKFM bypasses until they got one that worked.
I plan on taking it to the shop as soon as I get back down to Milwaukee but that won't be for a couple weeks so I was just trying to see if there was something I could do myself without digging into the system that much. I will let them deal with that since its under warranty with them.
Thanks all for the comments.
jeraldobunkster 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2009 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

from what I understand, the shock sensor is built into the brain on this model so I don't think I could unplug and test.
As far as turning the sensor down I have done that, and it is set pretty low right now to the point where a good hit with my hand won't even set it off.
I'm thinking it might be a brain related issue, as I have read that they can be defective from time to time from the factory, and realized that when they tried 3 PKFM bypasses until they got one that worked.
I plan on taking it to the shop as soon as I get back down to Milwaukee but that won't be for a couple weeks so I was just trying to see if there was something I could do myself without digging into the system that much. I will let them deal with that since its under warranty with them.
Thanks all for the comments.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2009 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
Well some alarms allow you to bypass the shock sensor all together...Although would be losing a step of security...If it is only in the first few minutes, i would wait it out , til i got to the shop.
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic