icon

2 15 or 4 12

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i_want_the_boom 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 93 caprice and I'm looking for 2 15" or 4 12" subs so that i can get that real low bass and i also want it to be loud. I'm not looking to enter it in any competitions or anything like that, i just want to have one of the loudest systems i can get with 2 15" subs. A guy at a local shop told me do go with 4 12" subs if you have any input as to which set up would be louder, can hit the low bass notes, and have the best sq as well would be helpful. im looking to stay under 500.00 for the subs
If the trunk dont rattle then its not loud.
If it's to loud then you're to old.
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
get two TC Sounds 18" subs 2 15 or 4 12 -- posted image.
rtfm
i_want_the_boom 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
THOSE SUBS LOOK NICE AND FOR OVER 500/EACH I WOULD HOPE THEY SOUND NICE BUT I WAS LOOKING TO STAY UNDER 500 FOR BOTH SUBS
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
It's gonna be kinda hard finding a real quality 15" sub under $250ea IMHO. First thing that comes to mind in that price range is a set of Rockford power T115D4's, or a set of Alpine Type-R or even type-X if you can find a deal. Do you already have a amp?
rtfm
i_want_the_boom 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
no not yet i wanted to find some speakers first then i would choose a amp. what do you think about these subs < color=#810081>Alphasonik PSW8154 a friend of mine recommened these. i looked at the alpine type r subs i hear good things about them but i dont know if they can be loud and hit that good bass im looking for thats why i really want to 15's. how much do you think some good ones would run?
bradinar 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
Trust me Type R's can get plenty loud.  And you do know they make a 15" type R right?
i_want_the_boom 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah i know that, i was just trying to find something a little cheaper that can perform just about the same the 15" alphasonik speakers i posted earlier are 1000 watt rms and i can get two for under 350. i dont know to much about alphasonik, if anyone does have any experience with these speakers i would be happy to hear your opinnion. I have another question about the type r's my cousin has the audiopipe ipipe 1600watts 800rms speakers and they sound amazing how would the type r's compare to those?

soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
why not get 1 really nice 15 or 18 and give it a bunch of airspace to do its thing. you have an older caprice so you definitely have the trunk space to get a good sized box in there.
when it comes to sub performance 1) you get what you pay for and 2) good sound takes more than expensive subs. you need to pair them with an equally good box. you can spend all the money you want but if you stick your subs in a mismatched box then your subs can still sound like poo poo. good bass is more about the box than which subs are being used. so whatever you decide to go with just be sure to buy/make a well built box.
i_want_the_boom 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2009 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
I understand that, what ever subs i get i am going to have a box made for them. the reason i am asking about subs is cause you can have two subs with the same size, wattage and ohms but one sub will out perform the other and if they are both in boxes built to specs, is price the only thing that will tell me which speaker is better? I am not an installer i am a diy type of guy. i have installed some systems before but not on any proffesional level like you guys do it on here, just a basic sub amp and head unit install. i basicly want to know if anyone has had any experience with the speakers i mentioned above and if not then your recomendation on speakers you do have experience with, that fall in the price range.
i_want_the_boom 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2009 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
I think I am going to go with the 2 15" type r what do you think of this amp hifonics brutus BXi2008d i would apprecieate any suggestions
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic