icon

python 871xp issues in a honda crv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
damage 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2009 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks to all who responded. I greatly appreciate the effort.

I think there is some confusion to what occurred as I read through all of the posts. When I put the fuses back in after first diagnosing the vehicle DID start on its own without me using the key or transmitter. And actually it happened again today when I put the fuese back in. It started on its own like I used the transmitter but I did not.

And when I mentioned above that the horn would "blare", I meant that it would start honking as if the alarm was going off (consistent honking until she got out of the vehicle and put the key in the driver's door and locked it). This seemed like the alarm was activated although I do not think the alarm feature of the Python was installed and I am pretty sure the vehicle itself does not have an alarm. If it does, it is something she never uses. It could be a standard anti-theft feature of the vehicle but I am not sure about that. Like I said, I am just getting back into working on cars and things have changed a bit.

So, in the end, Hurley's detailed response helped perfectly. t&t gave the same basic concept but in working to override the system puttin it in valet mode using the owner's manual was impossible. I am not sure it ever said to turn the key back "ON" before pressing the valet button. Hurley's specific instructions walked me right through it. I am very grateful.

Last question (for now)...what is that "On/Off" switch next to the LED and valet button?

Thanks again!!!!

hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2009 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
the on/off switch provided with Directed Electronics remote start systems is to be used as the on/off for the remote start feature. It's designed to disable the unit's ability to remote start at the flip of a switch. This can be useful for when you're loaning the car out, or getting it serviced, to prevent it from remote starting.
Most places don't install this switch however, or if they do, use it for something other than it's intended purpose. Feel free to try it out. Flip it off and try to remote start it from the transmitter, it shouldn't start.
I'm glad to hear you solved your issue.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2009 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
So remote start works now ...I am so horribly confused..... Is the r/s just in Valet Mode or did reprogramming remotes solve the problem...? Yes i believe that  has factory security. Roll window down...open door...lock w/ the switch...shut door...wait 1 minute...reach in and pull/push the actual unlock rod...open door...did it honk at you...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2009 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  

t&t tech wrote:
yes tommy, i think we kinda grasp that fact, but firstly in order to assist him in figuring what tha actual problem is, we have to get the unit that he is currently using, to function hence the reason me and hurleyloser recommended over- riding tha alarm firstly and re-programming the remotes, so we can move on.

So were not moving on...?python 871xp issues in a honda crv - Page 2 -- posted image.

M.E.C.P & First-Class
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2009 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
tommy... wrote:

Ok...What is causing horn to honk...Stated it was an occaisional problem...said had random problems arming disarming...This is only my first guess to what seems like a poor install. He said unit attempted to start itself when fuses were re-installed...Seems like other problems...But at least horn honks sounds like unit is not dis-arming factory security.I think its time to pull brain down and start following wires...Get install manual...car colors...and start tracing down wires...Anything going to factory dis-arm...How was the unit attached to car(poke and wrap...t-taps...solder)When he pulls the fuses...He would be using the key to enter vehicle...Dis-arming factory security? Did you ever get the horn honks during r/s? or normally w/ un-lock and opening door...?Starter kill installed...? Do what hurley said and see if you can get into/out of Valet Mode. Try to relearn remotes. In no way do i believe the factory alarm is causing all these problems...Just one of them...Horn honks (randomly) while entering car.

Thought that was me agreeing w/ you... ?

M.E.C.P & First-Class
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2009 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  

i realised u were agreeing with us mr tommy, but damn, u tried to achieve to much in just one post, remember that most of these members have little or no experience in our field, and they come looking for help, not to be confused further by heaps of questions we are suppose to answer, heck the guy didn't even know it had factory security, you think he could have figured that the fad wire wasn't connected, jeez.

tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2009 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
Yes...Great point...Very Well noted...I guess im just so use to rambling out stuff...Seems like on my days off(if you could call them that) This is a typical call from a tech at the shop...And me just wondering why in a year he doesnt know the difference between passlock and passkey.Parallel and Series wiring...Fad's...I think i had to re-do about 15 remote starts from christmas for horn honking(factory alarm)! Point taken...as one would say ...Cheers
M.E.C.P & First-Class
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2009 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  

cheers tommy python 871xp issues in a honda crv - Page 2 -- posted image.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic