icon

05 evolution 8, python 1090

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
archon210 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2009 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
Hey I stumbled across this forum while searching for info on installing my viper alarm into my 05 evo 8. I am just looking for locking/unlocking info.
I was wondering if you got your lock/unlock to work and if you did, how did you wire it?
evolninja 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2009 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
I did check. Now that I haven't drive my car for days, the battery is wearing down due to the alarm light kept flashing. I have a mini battery in my Evo. I think I'm going to put back the OEM battery for now to test the Alarm. What I still don't get it is the remote doesn't seem to work. I tried programming it but I guess without the relay setup, the alarm isn't install correctly and so it won't work properly.
Jimmy
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,601
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2009 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
you will still have to connect the yellow wire from the relay pack's ribbon to a true ignition source in order to program the remote. Also have you reconnected the stater wire to veify that the relay is indeed causing this problem?
evolninja 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2009 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
What's funny is, after I connect the way you mention earlier and when I tried to start the car, it just click. Wouldn't start. Any idea on that?
Jimmy
evolninja 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2009 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
archon210 wrote:
Hey I stumbled across this forum while searching for info on installing my viper alarm into my 05 evo 8. I am just looking for locking/unlocking info.
I was wondering if you got your lock/unlock to work and if you did, how did you wire it?
I have not got the lock/unlock to work yet. Still having problem with wirings and making the alarm work. When I do get it, I'll sure post it for you to see.
Jimmy
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,601
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2009 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
what clicks, if it's the relay you're referring to then, you definitely have it wired incorrectly,
burns25 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2009 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
why didn't you use the relay pack that comes with the unit?????  It has the starter kill relay built in.  Hook up the reds to 12v, the pink to ign, and green to key side starter and purple to starter side of wire.  Just don't have to hook up the red white, orange and pink/white.  It would make life a lot easier.
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic