icon

03 sentra alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2009 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
I've done ignition interrupt a few times.  Mainly on manual vehicles...it'll turn forever but won't ever crank!  No comebacks either!  No grief from me!
...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2009 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
Fine re ignition for you two who I assume know all about soldering....see where I'm going here?  I actually thought and t&t can poss help me here that this vehicle was the same as the UK Almeira, that vehicle has a body control module to the left of the steering column, i.e. to the right on l/h/d models which has everything you need except ign (OK) or starter cut. no need to drop the inst panel or go to the kickwell, this model was replaced by a vehicle you call the Rogue, we call the Quashquai....honestly, I think it's because they sell so well, they should have called it the cash-cow!
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2009 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
my almeras howie have a fuse and relay panel to the right of the steering, and they are right hand drive, behind there are all connections including ignition, they haven't replaced the almeras locally with any new vehicle, there are just so many minor different details that you get confused with the different body specs, the new gen nissans i find are waaay to extravagant, the new march, reminiscent of a volkswagon bettle, the new bluebirds are too executive since it's last generation, also that bluebird,the new cefiro, teana, and altima are basically the same cars except for minor differences in body style and design, even the new skyline looks executive like it's lost it's sporty legacy, what a pity!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2009 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  
t&t, I think you're getting Jap domestic models, the Bluebird, unless it's a re-badged Primera hasn't been on sale here sinces the late 80s. We have the Note (rebadged Renault Modus), the Micra, the Quashquai, the Primera, the Skyline, Z, Xtrack and Patrol, Small van is a rebadged Ren Kangoo (known as the can't or won't go or PITA). Larger vans are rebadged Renaults, actually manufactured in Luton by Vauxhall, at least until next year when someone else will own Euro GM.
glass22 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2009 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  

Hi again.  Back with a few questions.  First I would like to thanks all the responses, they all help very much.  I have made some progress.  Got the siren mounted, and I think all the wiring figured out and where to tap in at (going to meter it tonight just to make sure).  Question #1...Do I secure the brain?  Question #2...Is it dumb to put the brain under the driver seat on top of the carpet?  It is a hard spot to get to with the seat it, all the wiring can be ran under the carpet.  Just curious.  Thanks again,

Zak

glass22 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2009 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
I forgot to add a question.  Do I have to use the valet switch, or is that optional?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2009 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
Question 1) Yes secure the brain, cable ties or double sided tape, keep it behind the lower dash or centre console, if you MUST go under the seat, go under the carpet, at least it's concealed. 2) Yes to the valet switch, you need it for 2 purposes. a) To programme if neccessary and b) More importantly, as a manual over ride if the remotes fail. You don't have to mount it, maybe run it into the glove box or the fuse box area.
glass22 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2009 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  

well i think I hit problem 1.  I got the 12v constant hooked up, ingnition hooked up, it grounded, the siren wired and the door locks wired.  I still have the triggers, domelight supervision, and the parking lights to do.

The problem is the locks work great, but the dome light stays on as long as the doors are unlocked, and with the car running the locks will not remain locked.    I can control the dome light with the door lock by locking/unlocking in manually through the window. 

I don't want to go any further untill I know what is wrong.

glass22 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2009 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
it turns off after a minute I found out.  but I can still control it with the driver lock (only the driver lock), is this a problem?
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2009 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
no this is not a problem, the car just functions this way, i don't think you would need to do dome supervision with this car as the dome light will turn on when the doors are unlocked and turns off when they are locked.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic