icon

outside speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i_want_the_boom 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2009 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  

A friend of mine asked me to help him put some speakers on the outside of his car. he just wants it to be over the top loud, why some people just want what they want. he said that he wanted them either under the car or behind the grille he has a 1998 chevy suburban. does anyone have any ideas as how we could make this possible the speakers will only be for mids and highs i was thinking a component set. would they need to be in an box? or can they just be mounted somewhere? any ideas will be very helpfull.  

If the trunk dont rattle then its not loud.
If it's to loud then you're to old.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2009 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
i_want_the_boom 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2009 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  

I was thinking of something like that. I think he was thinking more along the lines of some coax speakers. how would it sound coming out that? I dont think he is to worried about sq or anything, but would that horn sound like trash or would it be nice?

DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2009 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
It would sound like complete trash.  Of course so would a set of standard speakers mounted on the outside, but at least the horn would not be destroyed by weather.
Support the12volt.com
i_want_the_boom 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2009 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
Do you know of anything that would sound decent? What about some boat speakers would they sound any better? he is just looking for some highs, do you think i could put some tweeters out there? will they be loud also?
DYohn 
Posted: June 16, 2009 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
If you're doing this for a client then by all means give them whatever they want, but if you're doing this for yourself or a friend, I say don't do it.  What is it you're trying to accomplish?
Support the12volt.com
i_want_the_boom 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2009 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
Im doing it for a friend, its not something that i would recommened. He heard someone else pull up beside him and their system was louder than his, then he noticed that he had speakers on the outside of the truck i believe it was an escalde. every since then he wanted speakers on the outside. I really cant imagine it sounding to good but he wont let me talk him out of it. He told me that if I wasnt able to do it then he would take it to a shop and have them do it so its what he wants. im just trying to make some cash, and have it sound as good as possible.
dvaldez0989 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2009 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
i have seen the monster energy drink trucks have marine speakers in the wheel wells of couse these trucks are lifted.it sounded ok. better than the pa
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 16, 2009 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  

Before you wase a lot of time on this project, this type of system is becoming illegal in a City near you really soon. 

i_want_the_boom 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2009 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  

I think it is illegal now here, but its not going in  my car so its not my problem. like I said its what he wants Im just trying to give him what he wants. I told him it would sound like trash. And i told him to go to the audio store to see what it sounds like and he did and he said that is what he is looking for. but he also wanted an on off switch due to the fact of it being illegal. Does anyone know where I could get one kind of small like the picture above, and also should i connect it to the amp or will the factory HU be enough to make it loud. would connecting an on off switch be the same with a speaker as it would on an amp? thanks for the replies. still need help

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic