icon

way too much interference

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
krazekilla224 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2009 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  
This is what my system consists of as of now.
1 8 Farad Cap
1 Kinetik HC1400
1 Power Acoustic BAMF 4000 Watt amp
1 Precision Power 600/4
Infinity Reference 6X9's in the rear
Infinity Reference 6 1/2's in the doors
2 Directed SX 12's in a Bassworks box
And a pioneer head unit.. Not sure of the model.
Now my problem is whenever I have the key turned forward to the first click I get a popping noise from the speakers, not the subs.
When I go to the second click I get the popping noise with a added whine in the first like 5 seconds.
Then when I actually start the car I get a continuous whining/crackling noise. The whining increases with the RPM and the speakers "pop" with my hazards on.
Solutions I have heard to try are noise filters, static strap, or a High output alternator. Any suggestions? I don't want to waste money just to "try" something to see if it works. Please help.
way too much interference -- posted image.
-Chris-
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 17, 2009 at 6:06 AM / IP Logged  
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2009 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  
I think the Pioneer was good enough...No model needed...! Try search feature for more in depth details about this problem.(covered numerous times)
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
lil evo 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2009 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like a bad install. The EMI is because your signal wires are run too closely to a high current power wire, whether it be the power for your amps or through a factory harness. I'd say pull it all out and start from scratch. What year make and model are we dealing with?
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 17, 2009 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
It sounds like one of your RCA's is grounding out either from a screw running through it or it being pinched. This happens when the RCA's aren't kept away from the mounting holes of factory panels. Try disconnecting all the RCA's at the head unit, then plug in a new set of RCA's into the head unit and string it through the car to the amplifiers. Now plug it into the front output and see if the noise is still there. If not, then try it with the other outputs. Make sure that you don't have the head unit on when the RCA's are unplugged or you could cause the issue i am an idiot references above. If the noise goes away, then replace your RCA's. If it's still there, then let us know.
krazekilla224 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2009 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2001 Chevy Malibu V6 3.1L. I am not very good with running everything myself so I have ABC Warehouse do it. They recently replaced the RCA's yet I am still having the problem.
The problem that caused this is they said the ground shield on one of the RCA's went... It blew both of my amps, the outputs on my radio, and one door speaker along with one rear speaker. Ever since then I have had this annoying static/whine.
I didn't even have my radio up that loud when I all of a sudden heard a pop. I lost sound at first. Then I turned my car back off then on and just the interior speakers worked. Then i did it again and just the subs worked. This happened once or twice more then they were toast.
-Chris-
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 17, 2009 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  

Can anybody read this?

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2009 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

Can anybody read this?

Read what?  way too much interference -- posted image.

Support the12volt.com
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2009 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  

lil evo wrote:
The EMI is because your signal wires are run too closely to a high current power wire, whether it be the power for your amps or through a factory harness.

Not very likely.

Support the12volt.com
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2009 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  

krazekilla224 wrote:
I have a 2001 Chevy Malibu V6 3.1L. I am not very good with running everything myself so I have ABC Warehouse do it. They recently replaced the RCA's yet I am still having the problem.
The problem that caused this is they said the ground shield on one of the RCA's went... It blew both of my amps, the outputs on my radio, and one door speaker along with one rear speaker. Ever since then I have had this annoying static/whine.
I didn't even have my radio up that loud when I all of a sudden heard a pop. I lost sound at first. Then I turned my car back off then on and just the interior speakers worked. Then i did it again and just the subs worked. This happened once or twice more then they were toast.

Wow...Was this stuff under warranty or did you have to purchase all new equipment...???

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic