Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
krazekilla224 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2009 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
tommy... wrote:

krazekilla224 wrote:
I have a 2001 Chevy Malibu V6 3.1L. I am not very good with running everything myself so I have ABC Warehouse do it. They recently replaced the RCA's yet I am still having the problem.
The problem that caused this is they said the ground shield on one of the RCA's went... It blew both of my amps, the outputs on my radio, and one door speaker along with one rear speaker. Ever since then I have had this annoying static/whine.
I didn't even have my radio up that loud when I all of a sudden heard a pop. I lost sound at first. Then I turned my car back off then on and just the interior speakers worked. Then i did it again and just the subs worked. This happened once or twice more then they were toast.

Wow...Was this stuff under warranty or did you have to purchase all new equipment...???

I had to purchase all new stuff. I know the manager at ABC so he hooked me up with all new stuff and gave me the radio for free.
Back to the question at hand. Would running a completely different ground to my radio work?
-Chris-
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 18, 2009 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged  
It sounds like you still have a problem with equipment. Was it the set of RCA's they replaced that "the ground shield.... went"? If so, it sounds like they may be liable for the damage. Was all the equipment replaced? If they installed it and there is a noise problem, why aren't you having them fix it?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 18, 2009 at 2:28 AM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot 
Posted: June 18, 2009 at 2:30 AM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
i am an idiot wrote:
http://bcae1.com/images/rca/temporaryrcashieldrepair.html
i am an idiot 
Posted: June 18, 2009 at 5:55 AM / IP Logged  
DYohn, let him know that the shield of the radio did not cause his problems.  The problem caused the fuse to open.  Over the last 10 years I have probably repaired close to 1000 of these units.  Never has there been any mention of, when the noise started, all of my amps went out.  The shield fuse opening only causes the noises.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2009 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
i am an idiot wrote:
i am an idiot wrote:
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2009 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
I know I've heard something about a Pioneer head unit in this thread... Wait, now I remember what I was gonna say!!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Steven Kephart 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 18, 2009 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
haemphyst wrote:
i am an idiot wrote:
i am an idiot wrote:
i am an idiot wrote:
It sounds like he has more of an issue than just that. I've heard that problem cause horrible engine noise, but not the clicks and pops he described originally from electronics turning on. That's why we need more information.
krazekilla224 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2009 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
Stevan - They said there is nothing they can do about it. Said that it is a grounding issue. And that the ground on GM's have always had problems.
Also what more information would you like? I have tried to tell you everything I know.
-Chris-
Steven Kephart 
Posted: June 18, 2009 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  

krazekilla224 wrote:
Stevan - They said there is nothing they can do about it. Said that it is a grounding issue. And that the ground on GM's have always had problems.
Also what more information would you like? I have tried to tell you everything I know.

Steven Kephart wrote:

It sounds like you still have a problem with equipment. Was it the set of RCA's they replaced that "the ground shield.... went"? If so, it sounds like they may be liable for the damage. Was all the equipment replaced? If they installed it and there is a noise problem, why aren't you having them fix it?

Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic