icon

custom box for 4 subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ac3xk1ng 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2009 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
Whats the best way to buy/make a box for 2 12" and 2 10" subs? I want all four in the car and i also need to know the best amp for this. The subs are JL audio.
99' Buick Century
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 18, 2009 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  

The best way?  Go to your local car audio dealer and present him with your dilemna.  What's the deal with using two 12's and two 10's?  What's your goal?

Oh, by the way, if you don't see your thread here look in the Car Audio forum.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
ac3xk1ng 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2009 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
Alright, and um, I got them from my cousin. He had all 4 in a box but that doesn't fit in my trunk. Does it usually not sound good? I wanna have some really good bass.
99' Buick Century
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2009 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
Topic moved to Car Audio forum.
custom box for 4 subs -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2009 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
I wouldnt recommend mixing woofer sizes. Unless you have creative crossover intentions. If Im not mistaken, you will be out of phase unless you amplify each pair separately.
This is what I do for FUN!
ac3xk1ng 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2009 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
Is that hard to do? Wouldn't it be covered by a 4-channel amp?
99' Buick Century
red line auto 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2009 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  

i think what he is saying is you want to have your tens riunning on one amp and your 12s on another amp.

My recomendation for a box if you want them all in one box. build the box and divide it in two with the 12s in one area and the 10s in another. so its pretty much two boxes but built in to one box.

richl68 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2009 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
Just put the set of 12's in for now and see how you like it, idk what kind of jl subs your running but if you start using 2 amps and 2 sets of subs your going to have to start running 0 gauge and upgrading your electrical system. Just start with one set is my suggestion, if 2 12 jls are not enough bass for you then idk what your trying to accomplish.
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2009 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
4 subs on 4ch amp. Uh NO! Mix subs if you want, do what you want. It would be fun to say your rockin duece dime's and dub 12's. Or something.hah   Just dont be a distorted, metal rattling, "doodie for high's". Post results of your research too. Do it right, or pay someone to. Build the enclosure in a manner that allows for easy modification. Like separate boxes that stack together. Design is easy, post all equipment your using to make this happen!
This is what I do for FUN!
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 20, 2009 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  

richl68 wrote:
Just put the set of 12's in for now and see how you like it, idk what kind of jl subs your running but if you start using 2 amps and 2 sets of subs your going to have to start running 0 gauge and upgrading your electrical system. Just start with one set is my suggestion, if 2 12 jls are not enough bass for you then idk what your trying to accomplish.

In agreeance.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic