the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

need some assistance w/ rms

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 20, 2009 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
Wow, you really need to take an English class. At least use spell check so we can read what you are trying to say. You will sound more intelligent that way.
And Dyohn is absolutely right. You can't give advice on where to set a gain without knowing what head unit is being used. And you really need to choose your battles more wisely. There are few in this industry with the knowledge and experience Dyohn has. I doubt he ever gives audio advice if he isn't 100% sure it is correct. You might want to check someone's profile before claiming they are wrong.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2009 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
vibrationcustum wrote:
Oh yeah for to let you know something hifonics is rated in Rms not watts. But still only puts out 75 to 80% of that amps rating.
1: Huh? What the hell does THAT mean? Amplifiers are ALL rated in watts. It's the conversion of energy, (from low-voltage, high-current DC to higher voltage, lower current AC) with losses. That's what an amplifier DOES. Every amplifier will have an RMS rating, as well. HiFonics is no exception to this rule. You'll also find the HiFonics ISN'T very highly regarded on this board. High-dollar, swap-o-rama gear, with high real-world distortion ratings, low damping factor, and exaggerated power claims. Not REALLY the amp to try to back here...
2: ...trying to "smack down" a moderator is generally a pretty bad idea, if you want to return. Generally, the mods here (That'd be DYohn, Velocity Motors, and wirewise) are not vengeful, but your overall attitude is a good start on a banning! (And you JUST made standard member as well...)
3: I happen to know DYohn personally, and I can assure you, he's NOT the kind of guy that types ANYTHING if he isn't 100% sure of it's content. There is a list of about 10 people here that are head and shoulders above your average tech guy, and DYohn lives VERY close to the top of that list, if not THE top. That guy has done more than quite possibly 75% of the other members on this forum, COMBINED. BAD guy to pick a fight with, especially involving tech.
4: Wuz dat Engrish? (That's a general comment on ALL of your posts in this thread thus far...) Slow down, read your comment carefully before posting it. There is a preview button, use it. You'll be taken FAR more seriously if you spent a little bit of time and energy proofreading your comments.
5: I don't think your response was even REMOTELY professional. I saw no attack from DYohn, merely constructive criticism. You don't take ANY kind of criticism well, do you? What... 23, maybe 25 years old? Yeah, I remember when *I* was 25... I thought I knew it all, as well. Sure, you've got your own business. Congratulations. I do too! Wanna keep it forever? Listen to and learn from the people that I can GUARANTEE you have been in this industry or something like it, for LIKELY longer than you have been alive.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
vibrationcustum 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2009 at 1:25 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the advice everyone and to Dyhon and everyone I am sorry for the out burst.Yes I was a little mad at this post. when I am mad I do type things really fast and it just does not sound right. I will work on that too. Thanks again and sorry about this. I don't know everything but whiling to learn when I can. THANKS AGAIN
Can't be loud then don't have it.
(power acoustik system)
Head unit- TID-896 7" TOUCHSCREEN
ovn1-5500d 09 and another one coming soon
4-12" mofos 12ft3 box to 40hz (wall)
2 batterys, 1 power
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2009 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged  
Gain, wow my mind went on a journey, who is doing the install?
This is what I do for FUN!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic