icon

2 amp power wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
big sexy lac 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2009 at 2:45 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys I need your opinion,I have 2 brutus bxi2608, and I have a kicker 1/0 gauge dual amp kit. now do you guys think the amps will draw to much current if I run the 4ga from the d-block to the 2 amps? Or should I get another 17ft of 1/0 and run it to the other amp? Thanks!!
well?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 20, 2009 at 3:56 AM / IP Logged  
Will the amp accept a 1/0 wire? After having to repair so many power input blocks that have been melted out of the amp due to using too small of a wire, my theory is, Fill the hole and make sure the set screw is tight. Loose screw or too small of a wire = resistance. Resistance = heat. If you have an old Rockford 800 watt amp with 2 8 Ga. terminals for power and ground, fill all 4 of them. If you do decide to run the 4 Ga. You really need to check it daily for a week or 2. After playing it for a while, look for melted plastic around the input and melted insulation on the wire, at the point where it goes into the block.
big sexy lac 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2009 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
Yea the amps will take a 1/0 wire.
This is what I was thinking , run a 1/0 power back to a d-block and later on swap the d-block to a kinetik and run 2 - 1/0 to each amp from there, that should be fine, or what do u think? Thanks again
well?
seismicburban 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2009 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  

go with the kinetik... i have 4 strands of 1/0 running to my amps from it...good stuff

AVIC F90BT
4 15L7s
4 ZX 1000.1s
BIG 3
295 AMP ALT
2/0
2 KINETIK HC 2000
STILL GETTING VOLT DROPS
wth???????
richardparker 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2009 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
big sexy lac wrote:
Hey guys I need your opinion,I have 2 brutus bxi2608, and I have a kicker 1/0 gauge dual amp kit. now do you guys think the amps will draw to much current if I run the 4ga from the d-block to the 2 amps? Or should I get another 17ft of 1/0 and run it to the other amp? Thanks!!
 do big 3 in 0 gauge. I would  get 2 runs of 0gauge to the trunk/amps area. Use a dual 0 gauge in dual 0 gauge fuse block by street wires.500-600 amps of fuse/fuses under hood and 250amps in each side of the rear fuse block.0 gauge groundsThis is just wiring for what you have..And you will need aleast 1 extra battery.because those amps will draw 500amps.And a bigger alternator to charge the extra battery.when you add a extra battery you will have to run 2 runs of 0 gauge ground from front negitive on the front battery to the rear battery and the fuse block will be changed off to the second battery. I'm running 2 BXI1608's myself.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic