icon

My 2003 Dodge Ram Regular Cab

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spmpdr 
Copper - Posts: 456
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2009 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
My 2003 Dodge Ram Regular Cab - Last Post -- posted image.
Interior panels are custom painted house of kolor tangelo , door panels are custom painted slate grey /tangelo with a marbilized effect.
Audio set up: tang band 3" neodyum drivers in dash 40 watts rms (stereo),Mb quart 6.5 components set in door 140 watts rms per side (stereo) both powered by kenwood 500x4 amp under seat.
2 12" re audio sr 300watts rms per side powered by a memphis 500 watt rms class d monoblock ran at svc @2ohms.
4 Gauge monster cable ,12 gauge monster cable
I had a ton of fun bulding this , every aspect from the sub box to the custom paint I did on my own,thanks for every body who helped out with advice on this forum along the way.
-A vision without a plan is just a hallucination-
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2009 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
Any comments or suggestions are ok. I already know that mounting the amp on the box is a bad idea but a put 2 layers of dynamat behind in between for vibration and to give the fan some room, it help out alot.Also the cap is just for look ,it is my distribution point for my amps.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2009 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
very nice and clean. i need to find out how to get that marble effect from paint because i have somethings i want to try it out on. was the box built for you or was it prefab?
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2009 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
I built the box myself but had it wrapped in matching interior vinyl at a shop.the marbilizing effect is done basically like this: choose the colors that you want and spray a few samples on the same type of material that your going to marbilize.spray one color down completely just like standard base coat. let dry thoroughly,then get enough saran wrap to cover the object you intend to marbilize crumble it into a ball and roll it around in your hands, unroll it, you will probably need a helper for this part .spray your second color down medium wet with a medium reducer make sure you have just about one coat coverage. then let the paint tack up for a minute , now place the saran wrap flat against the piece and gently press the big lines out of it (blowing on it )works good too. leave the saran wrap on for about 30-45 seconds and peel it off from one end to the other. any areas that need to be touched up using a crumbled piece of fresh saran wrap . Just ball the saran wrap up and spray the area with either more paint or sraight reducer (just get it wet, nice coat)and blot the saran wrap on the area. you can do it with as many colors as you like but each coat must be fully dried or it will run through. Just play around with samples until you get the effect you want. if you need any more help just pm me.house of kolor also makes some nice marbilizers that are already colored if you want basic colors ,the same steps apply.hope this helps
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2009 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
did you clear coat it after you sprayed it or did you just let it stay raw> what kind of clear did you use. i can paint but i am only familiar with model paint.
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2009 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
yes they are clear coated you can use any clear coat for this but just make sure that it is the same type of chemical compound that you used on your base coats i.e. acrylic enamel,poly- urethane etc . If it is not the clear coat will separate from the base. Make sure that the base coats are completely dry first.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic